AceShowbiz's 2009 Midseason TV Guide (1/3)
Some networks have prepared in advance for the coming of midseason by lining up brand new shows to refresh their program while some rely on their popular series to continue spinning the number. Producers are racing to come up with new concepts of reality shows as well as new stories that can thrill and advance above others already available.
Those looking forward to what January 2009 brings can take a look at the list of fresh shows below. Second and third part of the 2009 Midseason TV Guide will be published on January 1 and 2 respectively. The second part will focus on the shows opening a new season while the third compile those returning to the screen after the winter holiday.
Superstars of Dance (NBC) Premieres: Sunday, Jan. 4 at 9/8c
True Beauty (ABC) Premieres: Monday, Jan. 5 at 10/9c
Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher. The trick is, the models thought that they were there to be judged based on their look, but little did they know that actually the judges are looking for inner beauty as well.
13: Fear is Real (The CW) Premieres: Wednesday, Jan. 7 at 8/7c
Howie Do It (NBC) Premieres: Friday, Jan. 9 at 8/7c
Deal or No Deal", Howie Mandel feeds his passion in comedy by creating a classic prank show of his own. "Howie Do It" will play tricks on unsuspecting people and Howie will go on disguise as Larry before revealing himself to the 'victims'.
United States of Tara (Showtime) Premieres: Sunday, Jan. 18 at 10/9c
Juno" opened in 2007 and garnered lots of awards, Diablo Cody's name moved up to the surface as well. The household name she owns, is enough to tickle people into what she's going to do next, "United States of Tara". Starring Toni Collette as the titular character, the dramedy follows a mother who has multiple personalities from a flirty teen to a male gun-lover.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story