Paris Hilton Slammed Over Her Huge Spending in Australia
Reportedly spending lots of cash during a shopping trip in Australia with her sister Nicky Hilton as well as her new BFF Britney Flickinger, Paris Hilton gets harsh critics from social workers in the country. She is rumored to spend $140 per minute in Melbourne's upmarket boutiques.
On that matter, Tim Costello, head of World Vision Australia, an organization devoted to securing basic necessities for Third World countries, says that the money Paris has spent can help the poor in Africa and Asia. "In World Vision terms, $5000 would ensure that a village of 2000 people in Africa or Asia would have clean water for the rest of their lives," he said.
In line with Tim's statement, social worker Les Twentyman states that "it is quite obscene spending money like that." He commented to the Herald Sun, "She is seen as some sort of superstar and all she is is a person born into extreme privilege."
Paris Hilton arrived in Australia on December 29 at 10.55 P.M. She will be attending a Bongo Virus New Year's Eve party to be held at the Trademark Hotel's Piano Room. She and her sister are said to be paid $600,000 for spending the Wednesday night at the venue.
More Paris Hilton News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt