Video: John Lennon's Charity Ad for 'One Laptop per Child'
Almost three decades after his death, John Lennon still proves to be a popular household name as the former The Beatles member is tapped to appear in a charity commercial. Using advanced technology that enables the deceased star to speak for the good cause, the commercial ad is aimed for "One Laptop per Child".
Lennon will encourage people in the States to donate for the campaign that distributes solar-powered XO laptop for the world's poorest children. The commercial has been approved by Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono and was premiered on Thursday, December 25.
"Imagine every child no matter where in the world they were could access a universe of knowledge. They would have a chance to learn, to dream, to achieve anything they want," Lennon said on the commercial. "I tried to do it through my music, but now you can do it in a very different way. You can give a child a laptop and more than imagine, you can change the world."
Lennon died in December 1980 after assassinated by his fan with a gun. He created a world peace song "Imagine" that was released in 1971.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'