Video: John Lennon's Charity Ad for 'One Laptop per Child'
Almost three decades after his death, John Lennon still proves to be a popular household name as the former The Beatles member is tapped to appear in a charity commercial. Using advanced technology that enables the deceased star to speak for the good cause, the commercial ad is aimed for "One Laptop per Child".
Lennon will encourage people in the States to donate for the campaign that distributes solar-powered XO laptop for the world's poorest children. The commercial has been approved by Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono and was premiered on Thursday, December 25.
"Imagine every child no matter where in the world they were could access a universe of knowledge. They would have a chance to learn, to dream, to achieve anything they want," Lennon said on the commercial. "I tried to do it through my music, but now you can do it in a very different way. You can give a child a laptop and more than imagine, you can change the world."
Lennon died in December 1980 after assassinated by his fan with a gun. He created a world peace song "Imagine" that was released in 1971.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video