Rihanna Considered for 'The Last Dragon' Role
Rihanna could end up sharing screen with Samuel L. Jackson in "The Last Dragon". In an interview with MTV News, Wu-Tang Clan kingpin, RZA, confesses that though several female artists were being looked at for video show host/singer Laura Charles, he tends to choose the 20-year-old to fill in the part in the remake project.
"That's the one I'm rooting for," the rapper who serves as the remake movie's producer said of Rihanna's potential casting. He further explained that everyone involved in the project is leaning towards having an artist to portray the character once made famous by Prince protege, Vanity. "We're keeping that same concept of the girl being in the music business," so he claimed.
Famed for her music, Rihanna has made her debut in feature film with a cameo role in "Bring It On: All or Nothing". Back in mid-2008, the Grammy Award recipient has been rumored to land a role opposite Mos Def in "Mama Black Widow". However, when she was approached in relation to the speculation, she was quick to deny it, stating, "No, that's a rumor. I don't know how people came up with that."
The original "The Last Dragon" movie is a 1985 martial arts film from director Michael Schultz. Following the story of a black teenage martial arts student, Leroy Green, in his quest to achieve the highest level of martial arts accomplishment and be the Last Dragon, the movie stars Taimak, Vanity, Julius Carry, Christopher Murney, and Faith Prince.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test