Rihanna Considered for 'The Last Dragon' Role
Rihanna could end up sharing screen with Samuel L. Jackson in "The Last Dragon". In an interview with MTV News, Wu-Tang Clan kingpin, RZA, confesses that though several female artists were being looked at for video show host/singer Laura Charles, he tends to choose the 20-year-old to fill in the part in the remake project.
"That's the one I'm rooting for," the rapper who serves as the remake movie's producer said of Rihanna's potential casting. He further explained that everyone involved in the project is leaning towards having an artist to portray the character once made famous by Prince protege, Vanity. "We're keeping that same concept of the girl being in the music business," so he claimed.
Famed for her music, Rihanna has made her debut in feature film with a cameo role in "Bring It On: All or Nothing". Back in mid-2008, the Grammy Award recipient has been rumored to land a role opposite Mos Def in "Mama Black Widow". However, when she was approached in relation to the speculation, she was quick to deny it, stating, "No, that's a rumor. I don't know how people came up with that."
The original "The Last Dragon" movie is a 1985 martial arts film from director Michael Schultz. Following the story of a black teenage martial arts student, Leroy Green, in his quest to achieve the highest level of martial arts accomplishment and be the Last Dragon, the movie stars Taimak, Vanity, Julius Carry, Christopher Murney, and Faith Prince.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots