Jennifer Hudson to Make First Live Performance Since Family Tragedy
Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to sing live at 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala, marking her first performance since her family was murdered in October. At the event, honoring musician Neil Diamond in recognition of his exceptional artistic achievements as well as his philanthropic work, she is scheduled to sing one of Neil's songs.
Beside lining up Jennifer, the upcoming show, taking place at Los Angeles Convention Center, will also feature live appearance from Coldplay. At the banquet, the British musicians will also be joined by the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, Raul Malo and Tim McGraw.
The 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala will be held on February 6, 2009. Starting with an auction, it will be followed by a gala dinner and a star-studded tribute concert. The show will then culminate with the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj