Jennifer Hudson to Make First Live Performance Since Family Tragedy
Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to sing live at 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala, marking her first performance since her family was murdered in October. At the event, honoring musician Neil Diamond in recognition of his exceptional artistic achievements as well as his philanthropic work, she is scheduled to sing one of Neil's songs.
Beside lining up Jennifer, the upcoming show, taking place at Los Angeles Convention Center, will also feature live appearance from Coldplay. At the banquet, the British musicians will also be joined by the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, Raul Malo and Tim McGraw.
The 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala will be held on February 6, 2009. Starting with an auction, it will be followed by a gala dinner and a star-studded tribute concert. The show will then culminate with the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding