Jennifer Hudson to Make First Live Performance Since Family Tragedy
Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to sing live at 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala, marking her first performance since her family was murdered in October. At the event, honoring musician Neil Diamond in recognition of his exceptional artistic achievements as well as his philanthropic work, she is scheduled to sing one of Neil's songs.
Beside lining up Jennifer, the upcoming show, taking place at Los Angeles Convention Center, will also feature live appearance from Coldplay. At the banquet, the British musicians will also be joined by the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, Raul Malo and Tim McGraw.
The 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala will be held on February 6, 2009. Starting with an auction, it will be followed by a gala dinner and a star-studded tribute concert. The show will then culminate with the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'