Jennifer Hudson to Make First Live Performance Since Family Tragedy
Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to sing live at 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala, marking her first performance since her family was murdered in October. At the event, honoring musician Neil Diamond in recognition of his exceptional artistic achievements as well as his philanthropic work, she is scheduled to sing one of Neil's songs.
Beside lining up Jennifer, the upcoming show, taking place at Los Angeles Convention Center, will also feature live appearance from Coldplay. At the banquet, the British musicians will also be joined by the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, Raul Malo and Tim McGraw.
The 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala will be held on February 6, 2009. Starting with an auction, it will be followed by a gala dinner and a star-studded tribute concert. The show will then culminate with the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'