Jennifer Hudson to Make First Live Performance Since Family Tragedy
Jennifer Hudson has been confirmed to sing live at 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala, marking her first performance since her family was murdered in October. At the event, honoring musician Neil Diamond in recognition of his exceptional artistic achievements as well as his philanthropic work, she is scheduled to sing one of Neil's songs.
Beside lining up Jennifer, the upcoming show, taking place at Los Angeles Convention Center, will also feature live appearance from Coldplay. At the banquet, the British musicians will also be joined by the likes of Adele, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, Raul Malo and Tim McGraw.
The 2009 MusiCares Person of the Year gala will be held on February 6, 2009. Starting with an auction, it will be followed by a gala dinner and a star-studded tribute concert. The show will then culminate with the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes