A Glimpse of 'Avatar' From an Official Behind-the-Scene Pic
The Los Angeles Times has unleashed the first official image of "Avatar". Generally a behind-the-scene photo from the forthcoming sci-fi thriller, it exposes director James Cameron giving a direction to star Sam Worthington by pointing at something behind the camera. Displaying the set, the picture reveals that Worthington wears a backpack of some sorts and something on both of his wrists.
Developed using a mix of CGI and live action, "Avatar" was shot with a special 3-D camera developed by James Cameron. Directed, co-produced and written also by Cameron, it sees Sam Worthington starring as the pivotal character, a paraplegic ex-marine war veteran, while Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast ensemble.
The big budget digital 3-D movie follows the ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. The 20th Century Fox film is set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 18, 2009.
More Avatar News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal