A Glimpse of 'Avatar' From an Official Behind-the-Scene Pic
The Los Angeles Times has unleashed the first official image of "Avatar". Generally a behind-the-scene photo from the forthcoming sci-fi thriller, it exposes director James Cameron giving a direction to star Sam Worthington by pointing at something behind the camera. Displaying the set, the picture reveals that Worthington wears a backpack of some sorts and something on both of his wrists.
Developed using a mix of CGI and live action, "Avatar" was shot with a special 3-D camera developed by James Cameron. Directed, co-produced and written also by Cameron, it sees Sam Worthington starring as the pivotal character, a paraplegic ex-marine war veteran, while Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast ensemble.
The big budget digital 3-D movie follows the ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. The 20th Century Fox film is set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 18, 2009.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck