A Glimpse of 'Avatar' From an Official Behind-the-Scene Pic
The Los Angeles Times has unleashed the first official image of "Avatar". Generally a behind-the-scene photo from the forthcoming sci-fi thriller, it exposes director James Cameron giving a direction to star Sam Worthington by pointing at something behind the camera. Displaying the set, the picture reveals that Worthington wears a backpack of some sorts and something on both of his wrists.
Developed using a mix of CGI and live action, "Avatar" was shot with a special 3-D camera developed by James Cameron. Directed, co-produced and written also by Cameron, it sees Sam Worthington starring as the pivotal character, a paraplegic ex-marine war veteran, while Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast ensemble.
The big budget digital 3-D movie follows the ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. The 20th Century Fox film is set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 18, 2009.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour