A Glimpse of 'Avatar' From an Official Behind-the-Scene Pic
The Los Angeles Times has unleashed the first official image of "Avatar". Generally a behind-the-scene photo from the forthcoming sci-fi thriller, it exposes director James Cameron giving a direction to star Sam Worthington by pointing at something behind the camera. Displaying the set, the picture reveals that Worthington wears a backpack of some sorts and something on both of his wrists.
Developed using a mix of CGI and live action, "Avatar" was shot with a special 3-D camera developed by James Cameron. Directed, co-produced and written also by Cameron, it sees Sam Worthington starring as the pivotal character, a paraplegic ex-marine war veteran, while Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast ensemble.
The big budget digital 3-D movie follows the ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. The 20th Century Fox film is set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 18, 2009.
More Avatar News
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set