A Glimpse of 'Avatar' From an Official Behind-the-Scene Pic
The Los Angeles Times has unleashed the first official image of "Avatar". Generally a behind-the-scene photo from the forthcoming sci-fi thriller, it exposes director James Cameron giving a direction to star Sam Worthington by pointing at something behind the camera. Displaying the set, the picture reveals that Worthington wears a backpack of some sorts and something on both of his wrists.
Developed using a mix of CGI and live action, "Avatar" was shot with a special 3-D camera developed by James Cameron. Directed, co-produced and written also by Cameron, it sees Sam Worthington starring as the pivotal character, a paraplegic ex-marine war veteran, while Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast ensemble.
The big budget digital 3-D movie follows the ex-marine as he is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. The 20th Century Fox film is set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 18, 2009.
More Avatar News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'