'Star Trek' to Complete Production Soon
"Star Trek" will be completed anytime soon. Posting a message on the sci-fi film's official Facebook page, director J.J. Abrams wrote, "We're just making final tweaks to the movie -- we should be totally locked next week. Then we're going to flash-freeze it so it's totally fresh for you in May. I can't wait for you to see the movie."
"The cast is awesome. The action and effects pushed the stunt team and ILM beyond their limits," the man who is also known as "Cloverfield" producer further teased. "I'm so grateful to this cast and crew - and to all of you for your interest and patience. We'll continue to update this page with new info and exclusives, so check back when you think of it. In the meantime, have a happy, healthy, fun holiday!"
From Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the screenwriters of hit action film "Transformers", come a new version of the "Star Trek" movie. To start with the time Federation starship U.S.S. Kelvin is attacked by a vicious Romulan, it will chronicle the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow U.S.S. Enterprise crew members during their time at Starfleet Academy.
"Star Trek" teams up Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Zoe Saldana among others as the young Enterprise crew. The movie also sets Eric Bana as villainous Nero and Leonard Nimoy as older Spock. Paramount Pictures will distribute the film in the U.S. on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding