'Star Trek' to Complete Production Soon
"Star Trek" will be completed anytime soon. Posting a message on the sci-fi film's official Facebook page, director J.J. Abrams wrote, "We're just making final tweaks to the movie -- we should be totally locked next week. Then we're going to flash-freeze it so it's totally fresh for you in May. I can't wait for you to see the movie."
"The cast is awesome. The action and effects pushed the stunt team and ILM beyond their limits," the man who is also known as "Cloverfield" producer further teased. "I'm so grateful to this cast and crew - and to all of you for your interest and patience. We'll continue to update this page with new info and exclusives, so check back when you think of it. In the meantime, have a happy, healthy, fun holiday!"
From Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the screenwriters of hit action film "Transformers", come a new version of the "Star Trek" movie. To start with the time Federation starship U.S.S. Kelvin is attacked by a vicious Romulan, it will chronicle the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow U.S.S. Enterprise crew members during their time at Starfleet Academy.
"Star Trek" teams up Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Zoe Saldana among others as the young Enterprise crew. The movie also sets Eric Bana as villainous Nero and Leonard Nimoy as older Spock. Paramount Pictures will distribute the film in the U.S. on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set