Chingy May Be Dropped From Record Label
Chingy, whose real name is Howard Bailey Jr., has reportedly been forced to walk out of recording company Disturbin Tha Peace (DTP). "Basically Howard [Chingy] has been dropped. That's it! There's no more information," so claimed SOHH.
Chingy returned to DTP in 2007 after parting ways with the company in 2004, citing that his mentor Ludacris had cheated him out of cash. Saying that they had "settled the differences" and "put it in the past", the two musicians then teamed up on single "Gimme Dat", taken from Chingy's 2007 LP "Hate It or Love It".
To follow up "Hate It or Love It", Chingy is expected to release his fifth major studio album, tentatively titled "Everything and Nothing", sometime in late 2008. In getting the album done, he has reportedly worked with Soulja Boy, Ludacris and Lloyd. Following the issue of him being dropped from DTP, there is no word on whether he will release the upcoming effort via DTP or seek a new deal with another label.
"I named it 'Everything and Nothing', because at a point in my life I felt like I had everything, then there was a time when I felt like I had nothing," Chingy said when referring to the album's title. "...You know how people say you can be one of the richest people in the world but that don't make you happy. So if you aint got happiness you aint got nothing."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival