Lucius Malfoy's Depicter Jason Isaacs Talks About 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'
Attending the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival at the Jerusalem Cinematheque to promote his drama movie, "Good", Jason Isaacs gave time to talk about what he thinks of the splitting of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" into two films. To The Jerusalem Post, the actor who plays Lucius Malfoy, said ominously, "I think that's a mistake."
Not intending to say bad things over the decision though, Isaacs further explained his remark, adding, "It should be made into 10 films so I can do it for the rest of my life." On the question whether his Lucius character is good for Jews, he addressed bits of Malfoy's focus on "racial purity", which he claimed to sound "like right-wing political campaigning".
Describing that playing Lucius is an "unfettered fun", he further commented on his take on the villainous character. "I don't want to look at the serious side of it," he said. "It was too much fun. It was an opportunity for me to play like my kids play, and to chew up the scenery with some of the greatest actors in the world...They prove that it's not true that an unhappy film set makes for a good film..."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be two-part movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". While "Part I" will be released in U.S. and U.K. theaters on November 19, 2010, "Part II" is set for May 2011 release. Yet, before the two even make their way to the theaters, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will first open in U.K. and U.S. theaters on July 17, 2009.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert