Lucius Malfoy's Depicter Jason Isaacs Talks About 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'
Attending the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival at the Jerusalem Cinematheque to promote his drama movie, "Good", Jason Isaacs gave time to talk about what he thinks of the splitting of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" into two films. To The Jerusalem Post, the actor who plays Lucius Malfoy, said ominously, "I think that's a mistake."
Not intending to say bad things over the decision though, Isaacs further explained his remark, adding, "It should be made into 10 films so I can do it for the rest of my life." On the question whether his Lucius character is good for Jews, he addressed bits of Malfoy's focus on "racial purity", which he claimed to sound "like right-wing political campaigning".
Describing that playing Lucius is an "unfettered fun", he further commented on his take on the villainous character. "I don't want to look at the serious side of it," he said. "It was too much fun. It was an opportunity for me to play like my kids play, and to chew up the scenery with some of the greatest actors in the world...They prove that it's not true that an unhappy film set makes for a good film..."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be two-part movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". While "Part I" will be released in U.S. and U.K. theaters on November 19, 2010, "Part II" is set for May 2011 release. Yet, before the two even make their way to the theaters, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will first open in U.K. and U.S. theaters on July 17, 2009.
More Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences