Rihanna to Perform at America's Presidential Inauguration Charity Ball
Grammy-winning singer Rihanna has been confirmed to take the stage at the Recording Industry Association of America's Presidential Inauguration Charity Ball on January 20. Headlining the event, she will, at the same time, help feed millions by raising funds for Feeding America, which is the largest hunger relief organization in America.
Rihanna's performance at the charity inaugural ball was confirmed by Access Hollywood on Saturday, December 20. The site quoted Vicky Escarra, president and CEO of Feeding America, as stating, "We are thrilled to have Rihanna's participation in the inauguration charity ball."
"As the prevalence of hunger in America increases at an unprecedented rate, we are most grateful to Rihanna and to RIAA for helping us bring greater visibility to this tragic reality and helping us feed millions more people in need," Vicky continued in a statement.
In addition to Rihanna, Aretha Franklin has also been announced as one of the performers at Barack Obama's presidential inauguration. The R 'n' B and soul singer is set to make a live appearance in front of selected guests beginning at 10 A.M. on the West Front of the Capitol.
Some other A-list celebrities who are anxious to join Obama on his inauguration day include actor Will Smith and music mogul P. Diddy.
More Rihanna News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton