Twenty Minutes Featurette of 'The Reader' Arrives
A 20-minute featurette of "The Reader" has come out. Focusing on the powerful story of the movie and the major characters, the featurette is entitled "Adapting a Timeless Masterpiece". It contains many never-before-seen footage from the drama film as well as commentary from its leading actors, Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes, and director Stephen Daldry.
While both Fiennes and Daldry discuss on what the movie is all about, Winslet talks about her experience reading the original book and describes her character, Hanna. In it, Fiennes explains that the story asks the viewers to understand Michael's journey trying to understand Hanna. Meanwhile, Daldry describes the movie as a "story of a profound important".
Set in postwar Germany, the story resolves around Michael Berg. When he was just a boy of 15-year-old, he falls into an unexpected and passionate affair with Hanna which lasts only for a summer and ends with the disappearance of Hanna. Years later, Michael, who has turned to be a young law student, finds his Hanna once again, but this time the situation is completely different. While observing Nazi war trials, he discovers that Hanna is on trial for a hideous crime.
Based on Bernhard Schlink's international best-selling novel, "The Reader" stars Ralph Fiennes and David Kross as the older and younger Michael respectively as well as Kate Winslet as the boy's object of affection, Hanna. It is directed by Academy Award-nominated helmer, Stephen Daldry, and penned by David Hare. This drama movie will come out in the theaters across the U.S. on January 9, 2009.
"The Reader" - 20 Minutes Featurette:
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'