Sugababes to Work With Rihanna and Beyonce Knowles' Producers
British girl group Sugababes will be teaming up with powerhouse producers behind Rihanna and Beyonce Knowles' hit singles, according band's member Keisha Buchanan. "We're going to be working with producers who've worked with Beyonce and Rihanna so we're really looking forward to next year," she said in an interview.
In mentioning whom the band want to work with for their new album, Keisha also puts Cee-Lo on her wish list. "We'd also love to work with Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley - we met him when we were working with [US record producer] Dallas Austin and we'd love to do something with him," Keisha stated.
Keisha also notes her desire to begin the recording sessions in February 2009. "But it depends - if everything goes well and we get a massive single, then obviously we'll come back straight away," she quickly added.
In related news, Sugababes will be shooting a music video for one of their new songs and plan to put Keisha Buchanan's boyfriend Dean Thomas as a cameo. "I asked him whether he'd do it if he could just sit there, and he still refused, so I threatened to put my leg over another guy and he agreed to come. He was kind of forced into it," so she said.
Sugababes released their sixth studio effort "Catfights and Spotlights" in mid October. Bringing out "funkier" sounds, the album could only land at number 8 on U.K. Albums chart. "The sales have been disappointing but I don't think it is a reflection on the album's quality, and the problem is the promotion, I don't actually think our fans know we've even got an album out," member Heidi Range claimed.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?