Kristen Stewart Talks 'The Runaways' Project
Touted to portray legendary rocker Joan Jett in "The Runaways", Kristen Stewart revealed several details of the upcoming rock 'n' roll biopic. In an interview with Empire, the star of "Twilight" expresses her excitement of being able to talk about the project, saying, "It's so exciting that I can even talk about it now, because I haven't been allowed to for a really long time."
On the movie itself, she gushed that it will follow the '70s all-girl band, The Runaways, from the time it was formed to the break-up. "It's about the forming and death of this band [The Runaways], and it launched Joan Jett's career and she became the icon for females in rock and roll," she shared. "It's an absolutely insane concept for me to even think that I'm going to play her, but apparently I got the job so I'm going to give it all I've got."
Aside from discussing her upcoming project, the 18-year-old who is expected to return to her Bella Swan role in "New Moon" has also discussed about various things from her favorite toy growing up to the book she will take to a deserted island. The complete interview can be seen at Empire.
"The Runaways" centers its story on Joan Jett and her fellow band member Cherie Currie and follows the girl band from their meteoric rise as teenagers to their dissolution and disillusionment. The screenplay has been written by video director Floria Sigismondi, who will also serve as director to the feature project.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?