Kristen Stewart Talks 'The Runaways' Project
Touted to portray legendary rocker Joan Jett in "The Runaways", Kristen Stewart revealed several details of the upcoming rock 'n' roll biopic. In an interview with Empire, the star of "Twilight" expresses her excitement of being able to talk about the project, saying, "It's so exciting that I can even talk about it now, because I haven't been allowed to for a really long time."
On the movie itself, she gushed that it will follow the '70s all-girl band, The Runaways, from the time it was formed to the break-up. "It's about the forming and death of this band [The Runaways], and it launched Joan Jett's career and she became the icon for females in rock and roll," she shared. "It's an absolutely insane concept for me to even think that I'm going to play her, but apparently I got the job so I'm going to give it all I've got."
Aside from discussing her upcoming project, the 18-year-old who is expected to return to her Bella Swan role in "New Moon" has also discussed about various things from her favorite toy growing up to the book she will take to a deserted island. The complete interview can be seen at Empire.
"The Runaways" centers its story on Joan Jett and her fellow band member Cherie Currie and follows the girl band from their meteoric rise as teenagers to their dissolution and disillusionment. The screenplay has been written by video director Floria Sigismondi, who will also serve as director to the feature project.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!