Start Date of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Filming Tossed Out
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will kick off its production in spring of 2009. While at the L.A. premiere of "Yes Man", "Harry Potter" producer David Heyman lets it slip that the work on the follow-up to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is about to begin as they have planned to start shooting in February.
On the occasion, Heyman also gave out on how long it will take to shoot the two-part project. "We finished the sixth film which'll be coming out next summer," the producer of "I Am Legend" explained, "and we start filming the seventh which we'll be breaking into two parts for a 54 week shoot starting in February."
Other than the "Deathly Hallows" shooting schedule, Heyman talks about how the film's three stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, haven't been allowed to be divas during the filming of any "Harry Potter" movie. "On the Harry Potter set we have a lot of crew from the first film," he said. "You can't get away with anything there, you get joshed and played with. You can't have any airs or graces."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" has been set to be separated into two movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II". The first part will be released in U.S. and U.K. theaters on November 19, 2010, while the second part is set for May 2011 release. In the meantime, the sixth film, "Half-Blood Prince", will make its debut simultaneously in U.K. and U.S. on July 17, 2009.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week