Tim Robbins Potentially Be Howard Stark in 'Iron Man 2'
Another casting report has come in for "Iron Man 2" and it involves the founder of Stark Industries, Howard Stark. Exposing the interesting scoop is Latino Review, which claimed that "Mystic River" star, Tim Robbins, is going to fill in the shoes of Tony Stark's father in the sequel to blockbuster film, "Iron Man".
If indeed being cast for the part, the 50-year-old actor will replace Gerard Sanders, the actor who plays the character in the first film. In this second "Iron Man" film, his character reportedly will be seen in an important flashback sequence which will set up the "The Avengers" and "The First Avenger: Captain America" films; that is why, director Jon Favreau needs a good actor, so claimed the site.
Aside from breaking out the Howard Stark's possible casting, Latino Review also reported that both Hawkeye and Black Widow are part of the plot. Thus, the two will definitely be seen in the sequel and won't be mere cameos.
To be directed by Jon Favreau, "Iron Man 2" has "Tropic Thunder" co-scribbler Justin Theroux attached to pen the story. Seeing the return of Robert Downey Jr. as the superhero in armored iron suit, the sequel picks up Don Cheadle in place of Terrence Howard's Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. This Marvel adaptation is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters on May 7, 2010.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing