Tim Robbins Potentially Be Howard Stark in 'Iron Man 2'
Another casting report has come in for "Iron Man 2" and it involves the founder of Stark Industries, Howard Stark. Exposing the interesting scoop is Latino Review, which claimed that "Mystic River" star, Tim Robbins, is going to fill in the shoes of Tony Stark's father in the sequel to blockbuster film, "Iron Man".
If indeed being cast for the part, the 50-year-old actor will replace Gerard Sanders, the actor who plays the character in the first film. In this second "Iron Man" film, his character reportedly will be seen in an important flashback sequence which will set up the "The Avengers" and "The First Avenger: Captain America" films; that is why, director Jon Favreau needs a good actor, so claimed the site.
Aside from breaking out the Howard Stark's possible casting, Latino Review also reported that both Hawkeye and Black Widow are part of the plot. Thus, the two will definitely be seen in the sequel and won't be mere cameos.
To be directed by Jon Favreau, "Iron Man 2" has "Tropic Thunder" co-scribbler Justin Theroux attached to pen the story. Seeing the return of Robert Downey Jr. as the superhero in armored iron suit, the sequel picks up Don Cheadle in place of Terrence Howard's Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. This Marvel adaptation is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters on May 7, 2010.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!