Sarah Silverman and Andy Dick Among Stand-Up Comedians to Cameo in 'Funny People'
Telling the story of a stand-up comedian, "Funny People" reportedly will be flooded with many real life stand-up comedians. About it, Slash Film reported that Dave Attell, Sarah Silverman, Norm MacDonald and Andy Dick will all make a cameo appearance in the upcoming comedy movie as themselves.
According to Slash Film, Attell has revealed that he has filmed a scene with Silverman and MacDonald for the film on the Howard Stern Show on Wednesday, December 17. The comedian further claimed that the scene was shot quickly and was highly improvised. The publication further noted that Dick has also shot a cameo scene as himself.
"Funny People" revolves around a very successful yet self-involved stand-up comedian George Simmons who learns that he is dying and a struggling up-and-coming stand-up comedian Ira who is yet to discover his on-stage persona. Both of them have one thing in common, they don't have close friends. But, on one faithful night, the two meet and Ira ends up being hired by George to be his assistant and something more.
The Universal Pictures comedy marks Judd Apatow's return to directing after his last hit "Knocked Up". Set for July 31 release across the U.S., it stars Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen as George and Ira. The comedic pair will be supported with a cast ensemble that includes Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jason Schwartzman and Jonah Hill.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert