Britney Spears On Top of Simon Cowell's List for 'American Idol'
Following rumor claiming that Paula Abdul may not return to "American Idol" season eight, Simon Cowell, one of the show's judges tells MTV during a conference call that he welcomes Britney Spears to be either its performer or mentor. "I would love to see her mentor the contestants, but if she doesn't want to do that, and she wants to come on the show and perform, I would welcome her anytime," he says.
"The buzz we had on our show when she came on was extraordinary," Simon shares what makes him jumps to such an idea for the TV show, which was announced to begin its Season Premiere Part I on January 13, 2009. "And even with all the stuff that's gone on with her the past two years, there was more excitement and interest in her than I've seen in anyone in years. She would be very, very welcome."
Beside putting Britney on his top wish list for the next season of "American Idol", Simon also, according to MTV, names former The Beatles' member Paul McCartney as the star who is hoped to help the show's contestants shaping their vocals ability. Also, he hints that Beyonce Knowles is welcomed for the TV show. "We just recently had Beyonce on the British version of the show. ... [She] was absolutely incredible. ... You want those kinds of artists. I'd like people with personalities," he notes.
Previously, Britney Spears' "Womanizer" music video was named as Fuse's Best Music Video of 2008 on "The Top 40 of 2008: The Good, The Bad & The Britney". Her video won over several contenders, including Paramore's "That's What You Get" and Chris Brown's "With You" music videos.
More Britney Spears News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'