Britney Spears On Top of Simon Cowell's List for 'American Idol'
Following rumor claiming that Paula Abdul may not return to "American Idol" season eight, Simon Cowell, one of the show's judges tells MTV during a conference call that he welcomes Britney Spears to be either its performer or mentor. "I would love to see her mentor the contestants, but if she doesn't want to do that, and she wants to come on the show and perform, I would welcome her anytime," he says.
"The buzz we had on our show when she came on was extraordinary," Simon shares what makes him jumps to such an idea for the TV show, which was announced to begin its Season Premiere Part I on January 13, 2009. "And even with all the stuff that's gone on with her the past two years, there was more excitement and interest in her than I've seen in anyone in years. She would be very, very welcome."
Beside putting Britney on his top wish list for the next season of "American Idol", Simon also, according to MTV, names former The Beatles' member Paul McCartney as the star who is hoped to help the show's contestants shaping their vocals ability. Also, he hints that Beyonce Knowles is welcomed for the TV show. "We just recently had Beyonce on the British version of the show. ... [She] was absolutely incredible. ... You want those kinds of artists. I'd like people with personalities," he notes.
Previously, Britney Spears' "Womanizer" music video was named as Fuse's Best Music Video of 2008 on "The Top 40 of 2008: The Good, The Bad & The Britney". Her video won over several contenders, including Paramore's "That's What You Get" and Chris Brown's "With You" music videos.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris