Eddie Murphy Possibly Set for The Riddler in 'Batman 3'
Eddie Murphy is The Riddler in "Batman 3", so claimed The Sun. According to the British publication, the "Meet Dave" actor has been signed by director Christopher Nolan to carry out The Riddler, a villainous character once made famous by Jim Carrey in 1995's "Batman Forever", in the sequel of "The Dark Knight".
On the speculation over the actor's possible involvement, an insider stated, "Eddie's a fantastic addition. Everyone's excited to see what he does as the Riddler." If this casting report is proven to be true, it will put off the circulation rumor that "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor Johnny Depp is in the forefront run for the part.
Apart from breaking out that Eddie could be attached to the next Batman installment movie, The Sun also reported that "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" star Shia LaBeouf could be the next Robin in "Batman 3", while Christian Bale and Michael Caine will reprise their roles as Bruce Wayne and his assistant Alfred. Nonetheless, Warner Bros. has yet to give any comments on all of these speculations.
Previously, it has also been rumored that Rachel Weisz is one of the potential actresses, beside Angelina Jolie and Cher, to play Catwoman in the third of the proposed "Batman" trilogy which started with "Batman Begins". Up to date, no word has been shared from Rachel, her camp or even the studio over the rumor.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna