Eddie Murphy Possibly Set for The Riddler in 'Batman 3'
Eddie Murphy is The Riddler in "Batman 3", so claimed The Sun. According to the British publication, the "Meet Dave" actor has been signed by director Christopher Nolan to carry out The Riddler, a villainous character once made famous by Jim Carrey in 1995's "Batman Forever", in the sequel of "The Dark Knight".
On the speculation over the actor's possible involvement, an insider stated, "Eddie's a fantastic addition. Everyone's excited to see what he does as the Riddler." If this casting report is proven to be true, it will put off the circulation rumor that "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor Johnny Depp is in the forefront run for the part.
Apart from breaking out that Eddie could be attached to the next Batman installment movie, The Sun also reported that "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" star Shia LaBeouf could be the next Robin in "Batman 3", while Christian Bale and Michael Caine will reprise their roles as Bruce Wayne and his assistant Alfred. Nonetheless, Warner Bros. has yet to give any comments on all of these speculations.
Previously, it has also been rumored that Rachel Weisz is one of the potential actresses, beside Angelina Jolie and Cher, to play Catwoman in the third of the proposed "Batman" trilogy which started with "Batman Begins". Up to date, no word has been shared from Rachel, her camp or even the studio over the rumor.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy