No Doubt's Next LP Underway, May Not Be Dropped in 2009
Following Adrian Young's statement saying that No Doubt will still be working on their sixth major studio effort next year, speculation has swirled in the media claiming that there will be no new record in 2009. "We've been working on a new record off and on now for a bit of time, and we're going to continue to work on a new record next year," he said at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in Los Angeles.
"We're going to start touring in the spring of '09 through the summer, and we're going to continue to work on music while we're traveling," Adrian explained. "[We'll have] a mobile studio on the bus and eventually get to a new No Doubt record."
Noting that the band "always come from an eclectic background musically," Adrian stated that they "seem to always gravitate towards reggae" but quickly added, "I can't say that's what our record is going to be like, 'cause it's too early to tell, but what makes us feel really good is reggae music. I can play reggae music to my grave."
In further statement, Adrian shares that the band have no plans to seek new label. "We're signed to Interscope Records and have been since 1991," he said. "And we will be for a very long time."
Commenting on the change recently happening in the music industry due to Internet fast-growing, Adrian said, "On one level, it's scary to watch successful bands put out records and maybe they were less of a success than their past records, but it's also pretty awesome to watch any band put out a CD with all the different Internet accessibility. It's a little daunting to put out a record for a successful group. ..."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story