AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 Unveiled
On Sunday, December 14, American Film Institute have announced their selections for the top ten of outstanding movies in 2008. Among those making it on the list are two of the summer's blockbuster comic book adaptations, "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man".
Joining the two are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Frost/Nixon" "Frozen River", "Gran Torino", "Milk", "Wall-E", "Wendy and Lucy" and "The Wrestler". A 13-person jury, consisted of Leonard Maltin, Anne Thompson and Robert Towne among others, deliberated over the weekend before coming up with these movies.
Unlike other film honors, AFI Awards 2008 won't rank the films nor pick one as the year's best. Instead, it will honor the creative ensembles behind the films at a luncheon on January 9 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Beside honoring those in films, the institute also recognize the best in television.
AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 (in alphabetical order):
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- "The Dark Knight"
- "Frozen River"
- "Gran Torino"
- "Iron Man"
- "Wendy and Lucy"
- "The Wrestler"
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture