AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 Unveiled
On Sunday, December 14, American Film Institute have announced their selections for the top ten of outstanding movies in 2008. Among those making it on the list are two of the summer's blockbuster comic book adaptations, "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man".
Joining the two are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Frost/Nixon" "Frozen River", "Gran Torino", "Milk", "Wall-E", "Wendy and Lucy" and "The Wrestler". A 13-person jury, consisted of Leonard Maltin, Anne Thompson and Robert Towne among others, deliberated over the weekend before coming up with these movies.
Unlike other film honors, AFI Awards 2008 won't rank the films nor pick one as the year's best. Instead, it will honor the creative ensembles behind the films at a luncheon on January 9 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Beside honoring those in films, the institute also recognize the best in television.
AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 (in alphabetical order):
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- "The Dark Knight"
- "Frozen River"
- "Gran Torino"
- "Iron Man"
- "Wendy and Lucy"
- "The Wrestler"
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics