AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 Unveiled
On Sunday, December 14, American Film Institute have announced their selections for the top ten of outstanding movies in 2008. Among those making it on the list are two of the summer's blockbuster comic book adaptations, "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man".
Joining the two are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Frost/Nixon" "Frozen River", "Gran Torino", "Milk", "Wall-E", "Wendy and Lucy" and "The Wrestler". A 13-person jury, consisted of Leonard Maltin, Anne Thompson and Robert Towne among others, deliberated over the weekend before coming up with these movies.
Unlike other film honors, AFI Awards 2008 won't rank the films nor pick one as the year's best. Instead, it will honor the creative ensembles behind the films at a luncheon on January 9 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Beside honoring those in films, the institute also recognize the best in television.
AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 (in alphabetical order):
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- "The Dark Knight"
- "Frozen River"
- "Gran Torino"
- "Iron Man"
- "Wendy and Lucy"
- "The Wrestler"
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway