AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 Unveiled
On Sunday, December 14, American Film Institute have announced their selections for the top ten of outstanding movies in 2008. Among those making it on the list are two of the summer's blockbuster comic book adaptations, "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man".
Joining the two are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Frost/Nixon" "Frozen River", "Gran Torino", "Milk", "Wall-E", "Wendy and Lucy" and "The Wrestler". A 13-person jury, consisted of Leonard Maltin, Anne Thompson and Robert Towne among others, deliberated over the weekend before coming up with these movies.
Unlike other film honors, AFI Awards 2008 won't rank the films nor pick one as the year's best. Instead, it will honor the creative ensembles behind the films at a luncheon on January 9 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Beside honoring those in films, the institute also recognize the best in television.
AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 (in alphabetical order):
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- "The Dark Knight"
- "Frozen River"
- "Gran Torino"
- "Iron Man"
- "Wendy and Lucy"
- "The Wrestler"
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family