AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 Unveiled
On Sunday, December 14, American Film Institute have announced their selections for the top ten of outstanding movies in 2008. Among those making it on the list are two of the summer's blockbuster comic book adaptations, "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man".
Joining the two are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Frost/Nixon" "Frozen River", "Gran Torino", "Milk", "Wall-E", "Wendy and Lucy" and "The Wrestler". A 13-person jury, consisted of Leonard Maltin, Anne Thompson and Robert Towne among others, deliberated over the weekend before coming up with these movies.
Unlike other film honors, AFI Awards 2008 won't rank the films nor pick one as the year's best. Instead, it will honor the creative ensembles behind the films at a luncheon on January 9 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Beside honoring those in films, the institute also recognize the best in television.
AFI's Top 10 Movies of 2008 (in alphabetical order):
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- "The Dark Knight"
- "Frozen River"
- "Gran Torino"
- "Iron Man"
- "Wendy and Lucy"
- "The Wrestler"
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana