No Prequel Film for '300'
In contrary to director Zack Snyder's remark that forthcoming "300" prequel/sequel will be both prequel and sequel, comic book writer-director Frank Miller claimed that the possible follow-up movie won't be a prequel. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Saturday, December 13, the helmer of "The Spirit" fessed up, "I've written a story that's not a prequel."
Though explaining that the story he has written is a follow-up of the Greek warriors movie, the 51-year-old still played it coy. "It's definitely a further story in the Greco-Persian Wars," he said, "and it involves some of the same characters but I'm not sure exactly how far along it'll get and again, until it's on a marquee, I don't believe in it."
Meanwhile, when asked whether he will direct "Sin City 2" by himself or he will collaborate with Robert Rodriguez again, he stated that he is indeed looking forward to work with the director of "Desperado 2: Once Upon a Time in Mexico". "I hope to work with Robert," he gushed. "We're talking it over and trying to work out the mechanics of actually getting it made. It's always tricky with movies. I believe that a movie's going to come out as soon as I see its name on a marquee."
"300" itself is a 2007 epic battle film that chronicles the story of King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans who fight to their death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army in ancient battle of Thermopylae. Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, it stars Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, David Wenham and Dominic West among others. Released on March 9, 2007, it grosses $456.1 million worldwide.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby