Fifth 'Terminator' Film Being Developed
While "Terminator Salvation" is still months away from its theatrical release, "Terminator 5" could be well in the pipeline. Of it, Variety reported that Halcyon Co. toppers, Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek, are developing the second movie from the proposed "Terminator" trilogy, with "Terminator Salvation" director McG.
Reportedly, the announcement was made at the Dubai International Film Festival where McG was in for. It is further noted that despite speculation on the using of the Middle East, decision for the filming location has yet to be taken, and that Christian Bale has signed on to reprise his John Connor role for all three films.
While Anderson and Kubicek originally planned to come out with the decision after "Terminator Salvation" hits the big screen, they finally decided to push it forward since they noticed positive reactions from the studio, fans and media to "Terminator Salvation" footage. "We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek commented on the decision.
On "Terminator Salvation" itself, it is the fourth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, it follows a stranger whose past could not be justified, Marcus Wright, when he joins John Connor in his resistance army. Starring Christian Bale, the movie also sees Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright and is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 22, 2009.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says