Fifth 'Terminator' Film Being Developed
While "Terminator Salvation" is still months away from its theatrical release, "Terminator 5" could be well in the pipeline. Of it, Variety reported that Halcyon Co. toppers, Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek, are developing the second movie from the proposed "Terminator" trilogy, with "Terminator Salvation" director McG.
Reportedly, the announcement was made at the Dubai International Film Festival where McG was in for. It is further noted that despite speculation on the using of the Middle East, decision for the filming location has yet to be taken, and that Christian Bale has signed on to reprise his John Connor role for all three films.
While Anderson and Kubicek originally planned to come out with the decision after "Terminator Salvation" hits the big screen, they finally decided to push it forward since they noticed positive reactions from the studio, fans and media to "Terminator Salvation" footage. "We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek commented on the decision.
On "Terminator Salvation" itself, it is the fourth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, it follows a stranger whose past could not be justified, Marcus Wright, when he joins John Connor in his resistance army. Starring Christian Bale, the movie also sees Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright and is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 22, 2009.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting