Fifth 'Terminator' Film Being Developed
While "Terminator Salvation" is still months away from its theatrical release, "Terminator 5" could be well in the pipeline. Of it, Variety reported that Halcyon Co. toppers, Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek, are developing the second movie from the proposed "Terminator" trilogy, with "Terminator Salvation" director McG.
Reportedly, the announcement was made at the Dubai International Film Festival where McG was in for. It is further noted that despite speculation on the using of the Middle East, decision for the filming location has yet to be taken, and that Christian Bale has signed on to reprise his John Connor role for all three films.
While Anderson and Kubicek originally planned to come out with the decision after "Terminator Salvation" hits the big screen, they finally decided to push it forward since they noticed positive reactions from the studio, fans and media to "Terminator Salvation" footage. "We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek commented on the decision.
On "Terminator Salvation" itself, it is the fourth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, it follows a stranger whose past could not be justified, Marcus Wright, when he joins John Connor in his resistance army. Starring Christian Bale, the movie also sees Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright and is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 22, 2009.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences