'Slumdog Millionaire' and 'Wall-E' Share 2008 Boston Society of Film Critics Awards' Top Price
Winners of the 2008 Boston Society of Film Critics Awards have been named. At the organization's annual meeting on Sunday, December 14, "Slumdog Millionaire" and "Wall-E" have been hailed BSFC Awards' best picture. In tie for the best picture prize, both "Slumdog" and "Wall-E" collected one other prize, "Slumdog" received Best Film Editing kudo, whereas "Wall-E" was dubbed Best Animated Film.
Apart from those two movies, "Milk" has dominated the awards recipients' list with three awards. Bringing home Best Director recognition for its director Gus Van Sant, the biopic movie about Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be voted into public office in America, has nailed the Best Screenplay kudo and its leading actor Sean Penn was in tie with Mickey Rourke of "The Wrestler".
In the performers categories, Sally Hawkins was named Best Actress for her performance in "Happy-Go-Lucky" and Penelope Cruz was given the Best Supporting Actress title for "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". Heath Ledger's portrayal as lunatic Joker in "The Dark Knight" has edged out Robert Downey Jr.'s performance in "Tropic Thunder" and won him Best Supporting Actor.
Though the winners have been announced on Sunday, the presentation of the awards will be done on February 8, 2009. The ceremony which is the second time for the Boston Society of Film Critics will take place at the Brattle Theater.
- Best Picture: (tie) "Slumdog Millionaire" and "Wall-E"
- Best Director: Gus Van Sant, "Milk" and "Paranoid Park"
- Best Actor: (tie) Sean Penn, "Milk" and Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler"
- Best Actress: Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky"
- Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
- Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
- Best Screenplay: "Milk"
- Best Cinematography: "Paranoid Park"
- Best Documentary: "Man on Wire"
- Best Foreign-Language Film: "Let the Right One In"
- Best Animated Film: "Wall-E"
- Best Film Editing: "Slumdog Millionaire"
- Best New Filmmaker: Martin McDonough, "In Bruges"
- Best Ensemble Cast: "Tropic Thunder"
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party