Artist of the Week: The-All American Rejects
After releasing "Move Along" in 2005 and experiencing a worldwide success through the album, The All-American Rejects challenge themselves in another studio effort "When the World Comes Down". Taking almost two years in the songwriting desk to craft new singles for the album, the rockers set to drop their next installment in the U.S. market on December 16.
Inspired by "a lot of good and bad going on right now", the band "wrote songs that showed the good and bad" they see while touring around the globe. In an exclusive interview with AceShowbiz.com, they revealed that they deal with "struggles, and how, with the right companion, you can take any punch the world throws at you" in one of the songs called "Mona Lisa".
In another single, "Believe", the Oklahoma-based band share their "sentiment." Guitarist Mike Kennerty said, "There was a friend of ours that passed away a couple years ago, and his death was the catalyst of 'Believe'. He was an amazing guy, and the song portrays the sentiment that, until you forget someone in your heart, they're never really gone."
However, the four-piece band choose "Gives You Hell" among other new songs to be the first single coming off the record. They released the rock song in late September. And "catchy as hell", it debuted at number 25 on Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 46 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In support of the album, the band are scheduled to hold a free concert at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles, California at 8 P.M. on the day their album hits the stores. Two days later, they are set to make a stop on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" for a live appearance. Heading up to Colorado the next day, the band will also include live gigs in Miami, Glasgow, Berlin, Paris and many other venues. Complete details on their upcoming shows can be checked on MySpace.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns