Artist of the Week: The-All American Rejects
After releasing "Move Along" in 2005 and experiencing a worldwide success through the album, The All-American Rejects challenge themselves in another studio effort "When the World Comes Down". Taking almost two years in the songwriting desk to craft new singles for the album, the rockers set to drop their next installment in the U.S. market on December 16.
Inspired by "a lot of good and bad going on right now", the band "wrote songs that showed the good and bad" they see while touring around the globe. In an exclusive interview with AceShowbiz.com, they revealed that they deal with "struggles, and how, with the right companion, you can take any punch the world throws at you" in one of the songs called "Mona Lisa".
In another single, "Believe", the Oklahoma-based band share their "sentiment." Guitarist Mike Kennerty said, "There was a friend of ours that passed away a couple years ago, and his death was the catalyst of 'Believe'. He was an amazing guy, and the song portrays the sentiment that, until you forget someone in your heart, they're never really gone."
However, the four-piece band choose "Gives You Hell" among other new songs to be the first single coming off the record. They released the rock song in late September. And "catchy as hell", it debuted at number 25 on Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 46 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In support of the album, the band are scheduled to hold a free concert at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles, California at 8 P.M. on the day their album hits the stores. Two days later, they are set to make a stop on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" for a live appearance. Heading up to Colorado the next day, the band will also include live gigs in Miami, Glasgow, Berlin, Paris and many other venues. Complete details on their upcoming shows can be checked on MySpace.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says