'Magneto' Movie Depends on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Success
Though updated reports earlier claimed that "Magneto" is still in the work, director David S. Goyer revealed the contrary. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Thursday, December 11, the filmmaker fessed up that the spin-off of the "X-Men" series has been put on hold as for the moment since the studio want to firstly see how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" does.
Hinting that the script has been finished, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" said of the matter, "I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine'." He further explained, "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."
Directed and penned by David S. Goyer, "Magneto" is said to chronicle the story of a young Magneto who seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier. It is yet to have any actors attached to the project. Apart from "Magneto", another 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origin" movie, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is on its way to the big screen. It will be released in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them