'Magneto' Movie Depends on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Success
Though updated reports earlier claimed that "Magneto" is still in the work, director David S. Goyer revealed the contrary. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Thursday, December 11, the filmmaker fessed up that the spin-off of the "X-Men" series has been put on hold as for the moment since the studio want to firstly see how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" does.
Hinting that the script has been finished, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" said of the matter, "I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine'." He further explained, "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."
Directed and penned by David S. Goyer, "Magneto" is said to chronicle the story of a young Magneto who seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier. It is yet to have any actors attached to the project. Apart from "Magneto", another 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origin" movie, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is on its way to the big screen. It will be released in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics