'Magneto' Movie Depends on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Success
Though updated reports earlier claimed that "Magneto" is still in the work, director David S. Goyer revealed the contrary. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Thursday, December 11, the filmmaker fessed up that the spin-off of the "X-Men" series has been put on hold as for the moment since the studio want to firstly see how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" does.
Hinting that the script has been finished, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" said of the matter, "I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine'." He further explained, "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."
Directed and penned by David S. Goyer, "Magneto" is said to chronicle the story of a young Magneto who seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier. It is yet to have any actors attached to the project. Apart from "Magneto", another 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origin" movie, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is on its way to the big screen. It will be released in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered