'Magneto' Movie Depends on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Success
Though updated reports earlier claimed that "Magneto" is still in the work, director David S. Goyer revealed the contrary. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Thursday, December 11, the filmmaker fessed up that the spin-off of the "X-Men" series has been put on hold as for the moment since the studio want to firstly see how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" does.
Hinting that the script has been finished, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" said of the matter, "I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine'." He further explained, "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."
Directed and penned by David S. Goyer, "Magneto" is said to chronicle the story of a young Magneto who seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier. It is yet to have any actors attached to the project. Apart from "Magneto", another 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origin" movie, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is on its way to the big screen. It will be released in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'