'Magneto' Movie Depends on 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Success
Though updated reports earlier claimed that "Magneto" is still in the work, director David S. Goyer revealed the contrary. Talking to Superhero Hype! on Thursday, December 11, the filmmaker fessed up that the spin-off of the "X-Men" series has been put on hold as for the moment since the studio want to firstly see how "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" does.
Hinting that the script has been finished, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" said of the matter, "I think they like the script and they're just waiting to see what happens with 'Wolverine'." He further explained, "I don't think they would consider moving forward until the movie comes out."
Directed and penned by David S. Goyer, "Magneto" is said to chronicle the story of a young Magneto who seeks revenge on the Nazis who killed his family while befriending a young Charles Xavier. It is yet to have any actors attached to the project. Apart from "Magneto", another 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origin" movie, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is on its way to the big screen. It will be released in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit