Hugh Jackman Spills Bits of 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Trailer
One of the scenes to be seen in the trailer of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" will apparently involve Wolverine coming out from water in slow motion. Sharing what he knows to Total Film, Hugh Jackman hints on the particular scene when talking about his expectation of fans reaction towards the trailer of this highly anticipated action movie.
"There's a shot in the trailer that I had in my head...It comes out on 12 December," the 40-year-old actor says. "There's a shot I had in my head of the character coming out of the water from a tank." He then continues, "While I was shooting I was screaming at the top of my voice, 'Raaaahhhhh!' That's what I had in my head how people would see it. There's a shot in my head and you'll see me coming out in slow motion and you see veins and all that and there's no CGI."
Beside discussing about the trailer, Jackman also makes time to address another character in the film, Gambit. "Gambit is in the film. When we showed footage at Comic-Con the place just went mental. He's played by Taylor Kitsch who does a great, great job. He's a little more showy than Wolverine, but there's a similarity. They're outsiders, they're wise-cracking, they're anti-authority," he explains.
The "Van Helsing" actor in addition states, "In this movie Gambit plays the role a little bit like Wolverine did in the first X-Men. He's not part of any group, he's not on anybody's side. Wolverine gets him because he needs the information off him, but Gambit's not going to give it - not without a fight. And they get a fight, the two of them get a fight." More on what Jackman has said on "Wolverine" can be read at Total Film.
"X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is a prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy. Developed under the direction of "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it sees Liev Schreiber and Ryan Reynolds taking the roles of Sabretooth and Deadpool respectively. It will be opened in U.S. theaters on May 1, 2009, while its trailer has been confirmed earlier to be outed attached to "The Day the Earth Stood Still", which will hit U.S. theaters on December 12.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce