'The Golden Compass' Director Chris Weitz Rumored to Helm 'New Moon'
Hot on the heels of the announcement that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't return for the sequels, another potential director has been thrown in for the next project of the vampire drama. According to Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Chris Weitz, the director of "The Golden Compass", may have been offered to serve as "New Moon" helmer by Summit Entertainment.
Though mentioning that nothing is confirmed for the moment, Finke further let out that the offer has been sent out because Summit reportedly like his work on "Golden Compass". As of the news date, Weitz who is best known for his "American Pie" comedy films is still considering the offer. If he indeed takes the part, there is possibility that he will also helm "Eclipse".
Continuing the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon" will be an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. To be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, this first sequel has been rumored to be shot back-to-back with its follow-up movie, "Eclipse". Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017