'The Golden Compass' Director Chris Weitz Rumored to Helm 'New Moon'
Hot on the heels of the announcement that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't return for the sequels, another potential director has been thrown in for the next project of the vampire drama. According to Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Chris Weitz, the director of "The Golden Compass", may have been offered to serve as "New Moon" helmer by Summit Entertainment.
Though mentioning that nothing is confirmed for the moment, Finke further let out that the offer has been sent out because Summit reportedly like his work on "Golden Compass". As of the news date, Weitz who is best known for his "American Pie" comedy films is still considering the offer. If he indeed takes the part, there is possibility that he will also helm "Eclipse".
Continuing the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon" will be an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. To be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, this first sequel has been rumored to be shot back-to-back with its follow-up movie, "Eclipse". Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked