'The Golden Compass' Director Chris Weitz Rumored to Helm 'New Moon'
Hot on the heels of the announcement that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't return for the sequels, another potential director has been thrown in for the next project of the vampire drama. According to Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Chris Weitz, the director of "The Golden Compass", may have been offered to serve as "New Moon" helmer by Summit Entertainment.
Though mentioning that nothing is confirmed for the moment, Finke further let out that the offer has been sent out because Summit reportedly like his work on "Golden Compass". As of the news date, Weitz who is best known for his "American Pie" comedy films is still considering the offer. If he indeed takes the part, there is possibility that he will also helm "Eclipse".
Continuing the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon" will be an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. To be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, this first sequel has been rumored to be shot back-to-back with its follow-up movie, "Eclipse". Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia