'The Golden Compass' Director Chris Weitz Rumored to Helm 'New Moon'
Hot on the heels of the announcement that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't return for the sequels, another potential director has been thrown in for the next project of the vampire drama. According to Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Chris Weitz, the director of "The Golden Compass", may have been offered to serve as "New Moon" helmer by Summit Entertainment.
Though mentioning that nothing is confirmed for the moment, Finke further let out that the offer has been sent out because Summit reportedly like his work on "Golden Compass". As of the news date, Weitz who is best known for his "American Pie" comedy films is still considering the offer. If he indeed takes the part, there is possibility that he will also helm "Eclipse".
Continuing the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon" will be an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. To be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, this first sequel has been rumored to be shot back-to-back with its follow-up movie, "Eclipse". Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle