'The Golden Compass' Director Chris Weitz Rumored to Helm 'New Moon'
Hot on the heels of the announcement that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't return for the sequels, another potential director has been thrown in for the next project of the vampire drama. According to Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Chris Weitz, the director of "The Golden Compass", may have been offered to serve as "New Moon" helmer by Summit Entertainment.
Though mentioning that nothing is confirmed for the moment, Finke further let out that the offer has been sent out because Summit reportedly like his work on "Golden Compass". As of the news date, Weitz who is best known for his "American Pie" comedy films is still considering the offer. If he indeed takes the part, there is possibility that he will also helm "Eclipse".
Continuing the "Twilight" saga, "New Moon" will be an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. To be penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, this first sequel has been rumored to be shot back-to-back with its follow-up movie, "Eclipse". Both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are expected to reprise their roles as Edward and Bella.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville