Drugs Test Required as Britney Spears' Dancers
It takes more than just good moves and great looks to be the dancers of Britney Spears. All of those who have fallen through the auditions to become the backing dancers in the singer's upcoming tour are required to pass a drugs test before going on the road with Britney.
This reportedly is a measure taken by Britney's father Jamie in order to keep his daughter sober during the tour that will kick off March 3 in New Orleans. "They all had to be drug tested and, if they didn't pass, they were fired," an insider told E! News. "I think they only do it for her because she is under strict watch. I think they just want good influences around her."
Britney has been auditioning for male and female dancers starting from September this year to support her national jaunt dubbed "The Circus Starring Britney Spears 2009 Tour". More dates are recently added to the schedule, expanding it to a 34-days road show. The complete tour dates can be viewed on Britney Spears' official site.
The tour which will also present The Pussycat Dolls as opening act in some dates, is held to promote her recently-released album "Circus" that sold 500,000 copies in its first week of release according to Nielsen SoundScan.
More Britney Spears News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers