Mark Ruffalo's Brother Scott Ruffalo Died of Gunshot Wound
Scott Ruffalo, the 39-year-old brother of actor Mark Ruffalo, lost his fight for life after being shot in the head last week. Per the Beverly Hills Police Department, he was removed from life support and pronounced dead shortly after 10 P.M. Monday, December 8 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
"We are releasing very little information at this time, because it is an intense ongoing investigation," Lt. Tony Lee tells People. "Our first priority is in gaining a conviction." Meanwhile, no immediate comment from Mark and his family concerning Scott's death. Scott is survived by his wife Luzelena Ruffalo and stepdaughter named Lucinda.
Scott Ruffalo is a well known hairdresser who worked in several salons, like Kenneth George in Santa Monica and Giuseppe Franco in Beverly Hills. He had held a California state cosmetology license since 1991.
Last week, a representative for Mark Ruffalo publicly confirmed Scott was fighting for his life after being shot in the head at his apartment in Beverly Hills on December 1. Early Monday morning before Scott was pronounced death, a suspect in the case named Shaha Mishaal Adham turned herself into the authorities. She was booked for suspicion of attempted murder, which has since been upgraded to murder.
Being held without bail, the 26-year-old lady who reportedly is the daughter of a wealthy Saudi national, is expected in court on Wednesday, December 10. Her boyfriend, Brian Burton Scofield, 29, who had been named as "a person of interest" in the case, also turned himself into the police with Adham. He was booked for a misdemeanor traffic warrant for past violations, but was released on Tuesday, December 9.
At press time, police haven't discussed a motive on Scott's murder case.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake