Robert Pattinson Included in Forbes' List of Breakout Stars of 2008
Forbes has just named Robert Pattinson as one of the Breakout Stars of 2008. Ranked 5th in the list, he is praised for his leading role as Edward Cullen in vampire flick "Twilight."
"Once little known for his supporting role as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter series, Pattinson is now drawing big crowds--and drooling ladies--of his own," Forbes writes on its site about the high rising British actor. "In recent weeks, he's graced a slew of magazine covers and scored dozens of interviews for his starring role as Edward Cullen, the vampire in the silver screen's heavily hyped Twilight adaptation. Still more proof of his fan interest: The flick's opening weekend delivered a jaw-dropping $70 million at the U.S. box office."
Winning the 1st place on the list are Jonas Brothers. "Last year, the Jonas Brothers--Nick, Joe and Kevin--were merely an opening act for Disney sensation Miley Cyrus. Fast-forward a year, and now they are the Disney sensation," Forbes writes when chronicling the threesome's singing career. "Over the course of the year, they scored starring roles in the Disney Channel flick Camp Rock; released a chart-topping album, A Little Bit Longer; and hit the road for a sold-out concert tour. Next up, a 3-D concert movie, a Disney Channel series and many more swooning girls."
Beside Robert and the Jonas boys, there are also the likes of Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez who are at No. 6 and 7 respectively. The 10 Breakout Stars of 2008 are listed below, whereas the full description of each of them can be read on Forbes.com.
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son