Robert Pattinson Included in Forbes' List of Breakout Stars of 2008
Forbes has just named Robert Pattinson as one of the Breakout Stars of 2008. Ranked 5th in the list, he is praised for his leading role as Edward Cullen in vampire flick "Twilight."
"Once little known for his supporting role as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter series, Pattinson is now drawing big crowds--and drooling ladies--of his own," Forbes writes on its site about the high rising British actor. "In recent weeks, he's graced a slew of magazine covers and scored dozens of interviews for his starring role as Edward Cullen, the vampire in the silver screen's heavily hyped Twilight adaptation. Still more proof of his fan interest: The flick's opening weekend delivered a jaw-dropping $70 million at the U.S. box office."
Winning the 1st place on the list are Jonas Brothers. "Last year, the Jonas Brothers--Nick, Joe and Kevin--were merely an opening act for Disney sensation Miley Cyrus. Fast-forward a year, and now they are the Disney sensation," Forbes writes when chronicling the threesome's singing career. "Over the course of the year, they scored starring roles in the Disney Channel flick Camp Rock; released a chart-topping album, A Little Bit Longer; and hit the road for a sold-out concert tour. Next up, a 3-D concert movie, a Disney Channel series and many more swooning girls."
Beside Robert and the Jonas boys, there are also the likes of Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez who are at No. 6 and 7 respectively. The 10 Breakout Stars of 2008 are listed below, whereas the full description of each of them can be read on Forbes.com.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie