'Four Christmases' Jingles for Second Time at the Box Office
The holiday spirit is all around with "Four Christmases" remaining atop the North American box office. Becoming the indisputable #1 movie at the chart this weekend, December 5 to 7, the romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn has brought in another $16.8 million to the total of $69.4 million.
Screened at 3,335 theaters across the U.S., this New Line Cinema film experiences a 46.1% decrease in sales from its last week $31.1 million bow. Of "Four Christmases" success staying at the top position, Box Office Mojo president Brandon Gray claims that the film "had a deep hold as far as post-Thanksgivings go".
On the other top five movies, "Twilight" climbs up a slot to the runner-up position with $13 million. Switching places with "Bolt" which was last week's runner-up, the Catherine Hardwicke-directed vampire drama has collected $138.4 million cume over its three weekend viewing in theaters. Meanwhile, "Bolt" rakes in around three million less than "Twilight" with $9.8 million.
Another movie moving up the box office ladder is "Australia". The Baz Luhrmann epic drama starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman secures the fourth position, pulling in $7.1 million over the weekend. Rounding up the top five is "Quantum of Solace" with another $6.8 million to the total of $151.6 million.
Top Ten Movies at Weekend Box Office for December 5-7:
- "Four Christmases" - $16.8 million
- "Twilight" - $13 million
- "Bolt" - $9.8 million
- "Australia" - $7.1 million
- "Quantum of Solace" - $6.8 million
- "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" - $5.1 million
- "Transporter 3" - $4.7 million
- "Punisher: War Zone" - $4.3 million
- "Cadillac Records" - $3.4 million
- "Role Models" - $2.6 million
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'