Akon Feels 'Gutted' After Losing Michael Jackson Collaboration
During an interview, Akon revealed the he was "gutted" after his duet song with Michael Jackson was dropped from the tracklisting of his newly-released record "Freedom". Opening up to The Daily Star, he put the blame over the missing out of the collaborative single on Internet leaks.
"Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special," Akon explained in a statement. "We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans."
But, Akon quickly added, "We will be doing more things together in the future, though." Emphasizing that Michael "is the greatest artist ever," he said, "So long as the focus is on him, people are going to ask him about the song he did with me, so then my name pops up in his interview. It works both ways."
Meanwhile, commenting on his third studio album, "Freedom", which has been outed since December 2, Akon stated, "The album name is a progression from 'Trouble' and then 'Konvicted'. It represents my progression as an artist too." Wanting to show fans the experiences that allowed him to learn more about his life, he said, "I am now watching myself and how I behave in public."
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy