Akon Feels 'Gutted' After Losing Michael Jackson Collaboration
During an interview, Akon revealed the he was "gutted" after his duet song with Michael Jackson was dropped from the tracklisting of his newly-released record "Freedom". Opening up to The Daily Star, he put the blame over the missing out of the collaborative single on Internet leaks.
"Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special," Akon explained in a statement. "We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans."
But, Akon quickly added, "We will be doing more things together in the future, though." Emphasizing that Michael "is the greatest artist ever," he said, "So long as the focus is on him, people are going to ask him about the song he did with me, so then my name pops up in his interview. It works both ways."
Meanwhile, commenting on his third studio album, "Freedom", which has been outed since December 2, Akon stated, "The album name is a progression from 'Trouble' and then 'Konvicted'. It represents my progression as an artist too." Wanting to show fans the experiences that allowed him to learn more about his life, he said, "I am now watching myself and how I behave in public."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'