Video: Jonas Brothers 'So Honored' With Best New Artist Grammy Nomination
"Grateful" for their Best New Artist Grammy nomination, Jonas Brothers said they are "honored" with it. Sharing their feelings with MTV News at the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles, moments after they were mentioned as one of the coveted awards' nominees, the threesome was seen all smiling.
"When you start in a band as an artist you say, 'One day, I'll be nominated for a Grammy.' It happened, and we're just so honored," Nick Jonas was quoted as saying. He then quickly added, "As young guys, we know that this is a privilege, and we do appreciate that."
In tone with Nick, the eldest of the brothers Kevin Jonas gushed, "The air just kind of leaves your lungs. It was kind of awesome!" Nick continued saying, "It was kind of a sigh of relief along with immediate excitement. We didn't know what to think! And Kevin got up from his seat and did ... " Kevin interrupted, "The big fist pump!".
Jonas Brothers vie for Best New Artist Grammy with the likes of Adele, Duffy, Lady Antebellum, and Jazmine Sullivan. They are recognized for their album "A Little Bit Longer."
Celebrating their Grammy nomination, Joe Jonas told MTV News he and his brothers are "[just going] home with the family to have some dinner. Just celebrate!" Jonas Brothers' video interview with MTV News can be watched in the footage after the jump.
Winners of 2009 Annual Grammy Awards will be announced at a ceremony held on February 8, 2009, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. It will be broadcast live in high definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on CBS from 8 - 11:30 P.M. (ET/PT). Performers as well as presenters for the the 51st annual show are expected to be announced soon.
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'