Moriarty Most Likely Appears in 'Sherlock Holmes'
Though "Sherlock Holmes" already has its foe in Lord Blackwood, the Guy Ritchie-directed movie apparently won't leave the famous detective's arch-nemesis, Moriarty, out of the picture. Talking to IGN at the British Independent Film Awards, Blackwood's depicter, Mark Strong, hints on the possibility, suggesting that Moriarty will have a small appearance in the film.
"Moriarty's in it," Strong claims, adding, "but you don't really see him. I think he's there because if the franchise carries on, there's a possibility that he will appear in a larger guise." He then adds that his character is still the main villain, saying, "But for the purposes of this one and the detective narrative, I'm the guy that Sherlock's after, Lord Blackwood. And he's a cultist/Satanist lord who is the ultimate cad."
Based on Lionel Wigram's upcoming comic book, " Sherlock Holmes" reportedly centers on the adventures of the famed 19th Century detective. Apart from Mark Strong, this action thriller film will also see Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest. It is slated for a November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M