Moriarty Most Likely Appears in 'Sherlock Holmes'
Though "Sherlock Holmes" already has its foe in Lord Blackwood, the Guy Ritchie-directed movie apparently won't leave the famous detective's arch-nemesis, Moriarty, out of the picture. Talking to IGN at the British Independent Film Awards, Blackwood's depicter, Mark Strong, hints on the possibility, suggesting that Moriarty will have a small appearance in the film.
"Moriarty's in it," Strong claims, adding, "but you don't really see him. I think he's there because if the franchise carries on, there's a possibility that he will appear in a larger guise." He then adds that his character is still the main villain, saying, "But for the purposes of this one and the detective narrative, I'm the guy that Sherlock's after, Lord Blackwood. And he's a cultist/Satanist lord who is the ultimate cad."
Based on Lionel Wigram's upcoming comic book, " Sherlock Holmes" reportedly centers on the adventures of the famed 19th Century detective. Apart from Mark Strong, this action thriller film will also see Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest. It is slated for a November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny