Moriarty Most Likely Appears in 'Sherlock Holmes'
Though "Sherlock Holmes" already has its foe in Lord Blackwood, the Guy Ritchie-directed movie apparently won't leave the famous detective's arch-nemesis, Moriarty, out of the picture. Talking to IGN at the British Independent Film Awards, Blackwood's depicter, Mark Strong, hints on the possibility, suggesting that Moriarty will have a small appearance in the film.
"Moriarty's in it," Strong claims, adding, "but you don't really see him. I think he's there because if the franchise carries on, there's a possibility that he will appear in a larger guise." He then adds that his character is still the main villain, saying, "But for the purposes of this one and the detective narrative, I'm the guy that Sherlock's after, Lord Blackwood. And he's a cultist/Satanist lord who is the ultimate cad."
Based on Lionel Wigram's upcoming comic book, " Sherlock Holmes" reportedly centers on the adventures of the famed 19th Century detective. Apart from Mark Strong, this action thriller film will also see Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest. It is slated for a November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
More Sherlock Holmes News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo