Moriarty Most Likely Appears in 'Sherlock Holmes'
Though "Sherlock Holmes" already has its foe in Lord Blackwood, the Guy Ritchie-directed movie apparently won't leave the famous detective's arch-nemesis, Moriarty, out of the picture. Talking to IGN at the British Independent Film Awards, Blackwood's depicter, Mark Strong, hints on the possibility, suggesting that Moriarty will have a small appearance in the film.
"Moriarty's in it," Strong claims, adding, "but you don't really see him. I think he's there because if the franchise carries on, there's a possibility that he will appear in a larger guise." He then adds that his character is still the main villain, saying, "But for the purposes of this one and the detective narrative, I'm the guy that Sherlock's after, Lord Blackwood. And he's a cultist/Satanist lord who is the ultimate cad."
Based on Lionel Wigram's upcoming comic book, " Sherlock Holmes" reportedly centers on the adventures of the famed 19th Century detective. Apart from Mark Strong, this action thriller film will also see Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest. It is slated for a November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans