Moriarty Most Likely Appears in 'Sherlock Holmes'
Though "Sherlock Holmes" already has its foe in Lord Blackwood, the Guy Ritchie-directed movie apparently won't leave the famous detective's arch-nemesis, Moriarty, out of the picture. Talking to IGN at the British Independent Film Awards, Blackwood's depicter, Mark Strong, hints on the possibility, suggesting that Moriarty will have a small appearance in the film.
"Moriarty's in it," Strong claims, adding, "but you don't really see him. I think he's there because if the franchise carries on, there's a possibility that he will appear in a larger guise." He then adds that his character is still the main villain, saying, "But for the purposes of this one and the detective narrative, I'm the guy that Sherlock's after, Lord Blackwood. And he's a cultist/Satanist lord who is the ultimate cad."
Based on Lionel Wigram's upcoming comic book, " Sherlock Holmes" reportedly centers on the adventures of the famed 19th Century detective. Apart from Mark Strong, this action thriller film will also see Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character, Jude Law as Dr. John Watson, and Rachel McAdams as Irene Adler, Holmes' love interest. It is slated for a November 20, 2009 U.S. release.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked