Beyonce Knowles to Perform at 2009 Essence Festival
On Tuesday, December 2, organizers for Essence Music Festival confirmed that Beyonce Knowles has been booked to make a live appearance at their show next year. Unfortunately, the event's promoters haven't given clues on who will be joining Beyonce at the event.
Essence Festival is an annual event celebrating black music and culture. Serving as a one-time celebration of the 25th anniversary of Essence magazine, the festival will be taking place in New Orleans on June 3 - 4, 2009. Previous performers at the event included Mary J. Blige, LL Cool J, Alicia Keys and many more.
In related news, Beyonce Knowles will be heading up to Houston for another live show "Beyonce and Solange: Hope For The Holidays" with her sister Solange Knowles. The two singers will kick off the gig, held at Houston's House of Blues on December 9, to raise funds for the Gulf Coast Ike Relief Fund.
"It is an honor for our family to be able to give back to our hometown with a holiday concert that will air on Fuse," father and manager Mathew Knowles said. "Tina grew up in Galveston and still has family and friends there and we're fortunate to bring Beyonce and Solange together to support the efforts of The Gulf Coast Ike Relief Fund through the Survivor Foundation."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle