Soulja Boy Takes Part in Toy Drive
Hip-hop artist Soulja Boy will take some time off from recording his upcoming LP to take part in the yearly Toyz N Da Hood charity event, which donates holiday toys throughout Atlanta during the month of December. Offering a helping hand, he will on date 19 later this month help hosting the annual event at Atlanta's Walmart, located on 6149 Old National Highway. There he will help with gifts, and sign autographs and copies of his latest music effort, titled "iSouljaBoyTellem".
Participating on the 6th annual toy drive, Soulja expresses his gladness, saying "It's all about putting smiles on kids' face this holiday season. I'm happy to do anything I can during these hard economic times to make a kid's holiday season a little brighter. " He then recalls his old days before he became famous, revealing "Growing up I didn't have much, so I can relate to these kids and know how important it is to them. To see how excited they get when we donate all these toys is worth anything I can do to make that possible."
To support the toy drive, Toyz N Da Hood, which was founded by Hittmenn DJ president Robert "Kaspa" Smith, is partnering with the non-profit Kids with Strong Opinions, Inc. to hold a toy donation drive which will be running through December 17. The drive will run at various Atlanta middle and high schools. The school who can collect the most toys will win a free concert featuring local top hip-hop stars.
The toys collected will be donated to underprivileged kids and low-income families.
More Soulja Boy News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt