'Planet of the Apes' Prequel Gets Scott Frank as Director
Rumor has it, the prequel film to "Planet of the Apes", "Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel", may be getting a director. Cinema Blend has reported that the latest issue of Production Weekly has noted the name of Scott Frank, the co-screenwriter of "The Interpreter", as the proposed movie director.
If indeed signed for the helming role, Frank is in charge to revitalize "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", which tells the story of Caesar. This American screenwriter is known for his work in "Dead Again", "Little Man Tate" and "Flight of the Phoenix". In 2007, he made his directing debut with "The Lookout".
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". The official plot from Production Weekly suggests that the movie will deal with "the origins of how the Apes took over Earth." It will tell the story of "a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind." This prequel is slated for 2011 release.
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig