'Planet of the Apes' Prequel Gets Scott Frank as Director
Rumor has it, the prequel film to "Planet of the Apes", "Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel", may be getting a director. Cinema Blend has reported that the latest issue of Production Weekly has noted the name of Scott Frank, the co-screenwriter of "The Interpreter", as the proposed movie director.
If indeed signed for the helming role, Frank is in charge to revitalize "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", which tells the story of Caesar. This American screenwriter is known for his work in "Dead Again", "Little Man Tate" and "Flight of the Phoenix". In 2007, he made his directing debut with "The Lookout".
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". The official plot from Production Weekly suggests that the movie will deal with "the origins of how the Apes took over Earth." It will tell the story of "a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind." This prequel is slated for 2011 release.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech