'Planet of the Apes' Prequel Gets Scott Frank as Director
Rumor has it, the prequel film to "Planet of the Apes", "Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel", may be getting a director. Cinema Blend has reported that the latest issue of Production Weekly has noted the name of Scott Frank, the co-screenwriter of "The Interpreter", as the proposed movie director.
If indeed signed for the helming role, Frank is in charge to revitalize "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", which tells the story of Caesar. This American screenwriter is known for his work in "Dead Again", "Little Man Tate" and "Flight of the Phoenix". In 2007, he made his directing debut with "The Lookout".
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". The official plot from Production Weekly suggests that the movie will deal with "the origins of how the Apes took over Earth." It will tell the story of "a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind." This prequel is slated for 2011 release.
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips