'Planet of the Apes' Prequel Gets Scott Frank as Director
Rumor has it, the prequel film to "Planet of the Apes", "Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel", may be getting a director. Cinema Blend has reported that the latest issue of Production Weekly has noted the name of Scott Frank, the co-screenwriter of "The Interpreter", as the proposed movie director.
If indeed signed for the helming role, Frank is in charge to revitalize "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", which tells the story of Caesar. This American screenwriter is known for his work in "Dead Again", "Little Man Tate" and "Flight of the Phoenix". In 2007, he made his directing debut with "The Lookout".
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". The official plot from Production Weekly suggests that the movie will deal with "the origins of how the Apes took over Earth." It will tell the story of "a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind." This prequel is slated for 2011 release.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'