'Planet of the Apes' Prequel Gets Scott Frank as Director
Rumor has it, the prequel film to "Planet of the Apes", "Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel", may be getting a director. Cinema Blend has reported that the latest issue of Production Weekly has noted the name of Scott Frank, the co-screenwriter of "The Interpreter", as the proposed movie director.
If indeed signed for the helming role, Frank is in charge to revitalize "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", which tells the story of Caesar. This American screenwriter is known for his work in "Dead Again", "Little Man Tate" and "Flight of the Phoenix". In 2007, he made his directing debut with "The Lookout".
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". The official plot from Production Weekly suggests that the movie will deal with "the origins of how the Apes took over Earth." It will tell the story of "a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind." This prequel is slated for 2011 release.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard