will.i.am's Performance at India Live Earth Concert Axed
will.i.am is forced to call off his scheduled performance at Live Earth Concert in Mumbay, India. The cancellation happens due to the announcement made by the show's promoter confirming that the event has been scrapped off following the Wednesday deadly attacks which killed nearly 200 people in the city.
"Everyone involved with Live Earth India ... is stunned and saddened by the tragic events of the past few days in our host city Mumbai," the promoter said in a statement. "We always felt very welcomed and safe as we spent more time on the ground in Mumbai to finalize plans."
"Together, we will continue to work for solutions to the climate crisis for the good of the people of India and around the world," the promoter explained. "But for now, our thoughts and our prayers are with the victims of this terrible attack, with the bereaved, with the people of Mumbai and with everyone across India."
Live Earth Concert, previously taking place in Sydney, Tokyo, Hamburg, Johannesburg, New Jersey, and London, was supposed to be held on December 7 with Bon Jovi as a headlining act. Another big name planned to make a live appearance at the charity gig, aimed to raise environmental awareness, included Pink Floyd's Roger Waters.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order