will.i.am's Performance at India Live Earth Concert Axed
will.i.am is forced to call off his scheduled performance at Live Earth Concert in Mumbay, India. The cancellation happens due to the announcement made by the show's promoter confirming that the event has been scrapped off following the Wednesday deadly attacks which killed nearly 200 people in the city.
"Everyone involved with Live Earth India ... is stunned and saddened by the tragic events of the past few days in our host city Mumbai," the promoter said in a statement. "We always felt very welcomed and safe as we spent more time on the ground in Mumbai to finalize plans."
"Together, we will continue to work for solutions to the climate crisis for the good of the people of India and around the world," the promoter explained. "But for now, our thoughts and our prayers are with the victims of this terrible attack, with the bereaved, with the people of Mumbai and with everyone across India."
Live Earth Concert, previously taking place in Sydney, Tokyo, Hamburg, Johannesburg, New Jersey, and London, was supposed to be held on December 7 with Bon Jovi as a headlining act. Another big name planned to make a live appearance at the charity gig, aimed to raise environmental awareness, included Pink Floyd's Roger Waters.
More will.i.am News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung