'Twilight' Plunged, 'Four Christmases' Takes Over Box Office's Top Slot
"Twilight" has lost its charm to "Four Christmases" and "Bolt". After 10 days of screening in about 3,425 theaters across the U.S., the romantic vampire drama slipped from its #1 place at the three-day weekend box office to the third position, earning $26.3 million or 62.2% lower than its initial weekend bow.
Though grossing far less from its first weekend, the Stephenie Meyer's bestselling novel adaptation has raked in $46.1 million for the five-day screening over the Thanksgiving weekend. With that, the Summit Entertainment movie that is made with $37 million budget has also crossed over the $100 million mark, pulling in the total sales of $119.7 million.
Taking over "Twilight" #1 slot was Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn-starrer "Four Christmases". The New Line Cinema romantic comedy has debuted atop the chart collecting $31.1 million. The success of the Seth Gordon-directed movie become Witherspoon's first hit since her 2005's "Walk the Line".
On the second place was "Bolt". The Miley Cyrus-voicing animated film has climbed up one spot to the second position, grossing $26.6 million. Meanwhile, the 22nd James Bond movie, "Quantum of Solace", has fallen to the fourth position with an additional $18.8 million to the $141.4 million to its pocket.
Rounding up the top five was another newcomer, "Australia", with $14.8 million. Still, the impressive story came from "Milk". The Sean Penn's drama about the first openly gay man to be voted into public office in America has landed on the top ten box office despite its limited release, earning $1.6 million over the weekend.
Top Ten Movies at Weekend Box Office for November 28-30:
- "Four Christmases" - $31.1 million
- "Bolt" - $26.6 million
- "Twilight" - $26.3 million
- "Quantum of Solace" - $18.8 million
- "Australia" - $14.8 million
- "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" - $14.2 million
- "Transporter 3" - $12.1 million
- "Role Models" - $5.3 million
- "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" - $1.7 million
- "Milk" - $1.4 million
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer