Another 'The X-Files' Film May Depend on 'I Want to Believe' DVD Sales
Having shared his future plans of another "The X-Files" movie, Frank Spotnitz now revealed that the development of the third "X-Files" film may depend on the DVD sales of "The X-Files: I Want to Believe". To Bloody-Disgusting, the popular sci-fi thriller series said about his belief of future film installment saying, "I think there very well could be more in the future. ...When the studio looks at the sales of the DVD that's when they will really decide to see if its worth risking."
On the disappointing result "I Want to Believe" attained at the box office, Spotnitz pointed out on the bad timing of the release. "We were all a bit disappointed, we had some indication that we were in for a rough time when THE DARK KNIGHT started to become the phenomenon that it is, and breaking records. THE DARK KNIGHT is a history making film at the box office, and we came out with our little dark film a week after," so he said.
Previously, the television writer has hinted that if another "The X-Files" movie were to be made, it will most likely see the return of the aliens to the sci-fi film, stating, "I mean, if we were to make one more feature, I think we would definitely have to deal with alien colonization." He also fessed up that the third film may become the last of the series, and may come out in 2012.
"The X-Files: I Want to Believe" debuted fourth at the North American box office behind "The Dark Knight" and "Step Brothers" upon its release on July 25. The movie that teams up once again David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson has so far collected $67.7 million worldwide. It will come out on DVD and Blu-ray on December 2.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences