Another 'The X-Files' Film May Depend on 'I Want to Believe' DVD Sales
Having shared his future plans of another "The X-Files" movie, Frank Spotnitz now revealed that the development of the third "X-Files" film may depend on the DVD sales of "The X-Files: I Want to Believe". To Bloody-Disgusting, the popular sci-fi thriller series said about his belief of future film installment saying, "I think there very well could be more in the future. ...When the studio looks at the sales of the DVD that's when they will really decide to see if its worth risking."
On the disappointing result "I Want to Believe" attained at the box office, Spotnitz pointed out on the bad timing of the release. "We were all a bit disappointed, we had some indication that we were in for a rough time when THE DARK KNIGHT started to become the phenomenon that it is, and breaking records. THE DARK KNIGHT is a history making film at the box office, and we came out with our little dark film a week after," so he said.
Previously, the television writer has hinted that if another "The X-Files" movie were to be made, it will most likely see the return of the aliens to the sci-fi film, stating, "I mean, if we were to make one more feature, I think we would definitely have to deal with alien colonization." He also fessed up that the third film may become the last of the series, and may come out in 2012.
"The X-Files: I Want to Believe" debuted fourth at the North American box office behind "The Dark Knight" and "Step Brothers" upon its release on July 25. The movie that teams up once again David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson has so far collected $67.7 million worldwide. It will come out on DVD and Blu-ray on December 2.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown