Michael J. Fox Shares His Battle With Parkinson's
Michael J. Fox has been acting very open about his condition since he first publicly disclosed in 1998 that he was diagnosed with Parkinson's and to the latest issue of People magazine he shares his battle with the disease. He, moreover, also tells of his optimism seeing the years ahead.
To the weekly celebrity magazine, Michael reveals though he has found a successful combination of medications to keep his symptoms under control, still he can't stop the progress of his Parkinson's. That's why there is time when he enters the so-called "bradykinesia" stage during which his arms hang heavy at his side.
He, however, won't give up his hope, insisting, "Based on how I feel now. I'll be okay for at least 10 more years." Hence, he refuses to be pitied by other people as for him having Parkinson's "is part of an amazing life". He adds, "It's part of what makes my life amazing."
Michael J. Fox is a TV and film actor who is best known for his role as Marty McFly from the "Back to the Future" trilogy (1985-1990). He married his actress wife, Tracy Pollan, in July 1988. They are parents to four children; Sam Michael, twins Aquinnah Kathleen and Schuyler Frances, and Esme Annabelle.
Michael was first diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1991, but only made it public in 1998. Two years later, he announced a semi-retirement from acting and has since spent most of his time with his wife and children. Besides, he also helps raising funds for The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
The full story on Michael J. Fox and his Parkinson's battle can be read on the newest issue of People, hitting the newsstands Wednesday, December 3.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots