David Cook to Be Featured on New 'American Idol' Promo
There will be a promotional TV spot for the new season of popular singing talent show "American Idol" that features seventh season champion, David Cook. The rocker has filmed the first promo that put a previous season's winner in the footage, TV Week revealed.
Fox marketing chief Joe Earley told the publication that the ad begins with the singer about to go on-stage to perform his new single, "Light On". Images of his post-Idol life where he deals with paparazzi, goes to parties, and rides on limos will be played afterward. He is then seen lying on a bed, recalling the days he was struggling to get into the competition. Next, his quest on the show, including his glory on stage, and judge Paula Abdul asking him, "Are you the next 'American Idol'?" are played before he steps on stage to start singing.
The spot will be aired on FOX for several times during Thanksgiving weekend. This will also provide as another catalyst for the sale of Cook's debut album. Dropped in market on November 18, the self-titled album has sold 280,000 copies in the first week and consequently lands at #3 behind Beyonce Knowles' "I Am...Sasha Fierce" and Nickelback's "Dark Horse".
The eight season of "Idol" will be aired on January 13. Earley said that the idea of having the show's champions appearing in the promo will continue in the years to come. "We're looking at doing some spots with some other past 'Idol' contestants," he said.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic