What Robert Downey Jr. Has to Say About Future 'The Avengers'
Having been officially signed to once again star as Iron Man in "The Avengers", Robert Downey Jr. now opens up about the difficulties of making a film with multiple superheroes. To Splash Page MTV, the actor who plays Tony Stark in "Iron Man" expresses his concern stating, "If we don't get it right it's really, really going to suck."
Continuing his remark, he says, "It has to be the crowning blow of Marvel's best and brightest because it's the hardest thing to get right. It's tough to spin all the plates for one of these characters." On his part in the project, he explains, "I think its important that I do what I'm supposed to do which is keep my side of the street clean."
"The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is [director] Jon [Favreau] was very certain that 'Iron Man' should be set in a very realistic world. Nothing that happened in 'Iron Man' is really outside the realm of possibility. Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants it warrants much further discussion."
Back in late October, Marvel Studios officially announced the joining in of Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle for "The Avengers". While Downey Jr. will take on his Iron Man character once again, Cheadle will replace Terrence Howard as Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. Meanwhile, on "Avengers" itself, it is slated for a July 15, 2011 U.S. release.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up