What Robert Downey Jr. Has to Say About Future 'The Avengers'
Having been officially signed to once again star as Iron Man in "The Avengers", Robert Downey Jr. now opens up about the difficulties of making a film with multiple superheroes. To Splash Page MTV, the actor who plays Tony Stark in "Iron Man" expresses his concern stating, "If we don't get it right it's really, really going to suck."
Continuing his remark, he says, "It has to be the crowning blow of Marvel's best and brightest because it's the hardest thing to get right. It's tough to spin all the plates for one of these characters." On his part in the project, he explains, "I think its important that I do what I'm supposed to do which is keep my side of the street clean."
"The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is [director] Jon [Favreau] was very certain that 'Iron Man' should be set in a very realistic world. Nothing that happened in 'Iron Man' is really outside the realm of possibility. Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants it warrants much further discussion."
Back in late October, Marvel Studios officially announced the joining in of Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle for "The Avengers". While Downey Jr. will take on his Iron Man character once again, Cheadle will replace Terrence Howard as Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. Meanwhile, on "Avengers" itself, it is slated for a July 15, 2011 U.S. release.
More The Avengers News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?