Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson May Get 12 Million Dollar Each for 'New Moon'
Having a major hit movie with the recently released "Twilight", Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson reportedly will get a huge salary boost for the sequels, including "New Moon". According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the two young leading actors are looking forward to bring home $12 million each, six times more than what they have earned in "Twilight".
Apart from the six times $10 million paycheck raise, the actors who play the unlikely lover, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen will also get a nice percentage of the future movies' box-office take. Though both Stewart and Pattinson have revealed that they are already signed for a three-picture deal, the official confirmation about their returns have yet to be released.
In an interview with MTV earlier, Pattinson confessed that "New Moon" is his favorite book. "I'm looking forward to doing the re-emergence...at the end of the second book, when he's killing himself," the 22-year-old expressed his excitement. "I think that'd be kind of spectacular seeing that. And the second book is my favorite book, so I'm quite looking forward to doing it."
"New Moon" is an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's second novel in her Twilight series. Continuing the story of a mortal girl named Bella who falls for a vampire named Edward, this first sequel will be scripted also by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. The official announcement of "New Moon" development came after "Twilight" scored big on its opening day with $35.7 million on its pocket.
More Twilight News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris