Record Label Talk Eminem's 'Relapse' Delay
Universal Music Group's chairman Jimmy Iovine recently talked to Billboard, explaining on the pushing-back of Eminem's highly-anticipated LP "Relapse". "I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire. Eminem was always coming next year," he said.
Jimmy also shared the reason behind Dr. Dre's postponed LP "Detox". "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything," he revealed.
In further explanation, Jimmy stated that Dr. Dre has moved his new album until next year. "Dre's going back in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album," he emphasized.
As previously reported, Eminem teamed up with Dr. Dre behind the production table to finish Eminem's sixth major studio effort. Confirming that he will not drop the record until 2009, the Detroit rapper said, "We're looking at first quarter next year [to release the album] which is probably, you know, January, February."
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts