Record Label Talk Eminem's 'Relapse' Delay
Universal Music Group's chairman Jimmy Iovine recently talked to Billboard, explaining on the pushing-back of Eminem's highly-anticipated LP "Relapse". "I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire. Eminem was always coming next year," he said.
Jimmy also shared the reason behind Dr. Dre's postponed LP "Detox". "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything," he revealed.
In further explanation, Jimmy stated that Dr. Dre has moved his new album until next year. "Dre's going back in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album," he emphasized.
As previously reported, Eminem teamed up with Dr. Dre behind the production table to finish Eminem's sixth major studio effort. Confirming that he will not drop the record until 2009, the Detroit rapper said, "We're looking at first quarter next year [to release the album] which is probably, you know, January, February."
More Eminem News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner