Record Label Talk Eminem's 'Relapse' Delay
Universal Music Group's chairman Jimmy Iovine recently talked to Billboard, explaining on the pushing-back of Eminem's highly-anticipated LP "Relapse". "I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire. Eminem was always coming next year," he said.
Jimmy also shared the reason behind Dr. Dre's postponed LP "Detox". "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything," he revealed.
In further explanation, Jimmy stated that Dr. Dre has moved his new album until next year. "Dre's going back in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album," he emphasized.
As previously reported, Eminem teamed up with Dr. Dre behind the production table to finish Eminem's sixth major studio effort. Confirming that he will not drop the record until 2009, the Detroit rapper said, "We're looking at first quarter next year [to release the album] which is probably, you know, January, February."
More Eminem News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans