Record Label Talk Eminem's 'Relapse' Delay
Universal Music Group's chairman Jimmy Iovine recently talked to Billboard, explaining on the pushing-back of Eminem's highly-anticipated LP "Relapse". "I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire. Eminem was always coming next year," he said.
Jimmy also shared the reason behind Dr. Dre's postponed LP "Detox". "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything," he revealed.
In further explanation, Jimmy stated that Dr. Dre has moved his new album until next year. "Dre's going back in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album," he emphasized.
As previously reported, Eminem teamed up with Dr. Dre behind the production table to finish Eminem's sixth major studio effort. Confirming that he will not drop the record until 2009, the Detroit rapper said, "We're looking at first quarter next year [to release the album] which is probably, you know, January, February."
More Eminem News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?