Record Label Talk Eminem's 'Relapse' Delay
Universal Music Group's chairman Jimmy Iovine recently talked to Billboard, explaining on the pushing-back of Eminem's highly-anticipated LP "Relapse". "I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire. Eminem was always coming next year," he said.
Jimmy also shared the reason behind Dr. Dre's postponed LP "Detox". "I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything," he revealed.
In further explanation, Jimmy stated that Dr. Dre has moved his new album until next year. "Dre's going back in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album," he emphasized.
As previously reported, Eminem teamed up with Dr. Dre behind the production table to finish Eminem's sixth major studio effort. Confirming that he will not drop the record until 2009, the Detroit rapper said, "We're looking at first quarter next year [to release the album] which is probably, you know, January, February."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too