New Sneak Peek Into 'The L Word' Final Season
"The L Word" is coming closer to its sixth season finale and a second promo for the new chapter has arrived. Showtime, the network that airs the lesbian drama series, gives the sneak peek along with a clue that "one of our favorites will take their last breath and one of the friends will take the fall". This explains the quick flash of a body wrapped under silk that was merged in the first promo.
The fifth season ended in March this year with Jenny feeling the 'ultimate betrayal' from Shane. The plot for the first episode of sixth season however, is not yet released. It will start invading the small screen on January 18, 2009 but unlike the previous seasons, this time Showtime will wrap it up with 8 episodes only before it concludes the whole show with a series finale in February.
Earlier this year, producers and writers are taking viewer's opinion on how they should end the series. Elizabeth Berkley ("CSI: Miami"), will also appear in the season, starring for a multi-episode arc playing the straight girl who got away from Bette in college. Also, it was announced in September that Alice will get her own show in a not-yet-titled spin-off. The pilot script will be tackled by the "L Word" original creator and writer Ilene Chaiken, while the filming is scheduled to start next month.
Showtime's CEO Matthew Blank announced in July, "We're doing this interesting thing: The storyline at the end of The L Word, the final episode in the final season, there will be an open-ended component to it. And Ilene is going to carry that story along on the Internet, which we think is an interesting way to keep The L Word experience going. Then if we decide to go ahead with the spinoff that storyline will segue into the new series."
- New Second Promo
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video