Michelle Williams Misses Ex-Fiance Heath Ledger
In an interview with Newsweek, Michelle Williams shared her struggle to move on from the death of actor Heath Ledger, her ex-fiance and the father of her daughter Matilda Rose Ledger, hinting that she still misses him 10 months after his sudden death. "The more time that passes, the more you miss someone," the publication quoted her as saying.
"It's so sad. I guess it's always changing. What else can I say? I just wake up each day in a slightly different place -grief is like a moving river, so that's what I mean by 'it's always changing'", Michelle shared her feeling as tears ran down from her eyes. " It's a strange thing to say because I'm at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone. In some ways it gets worse. That's what I would say."
Speaking about daughter Matilda, Michelle said she wants to keep her away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. She, moreover, stated she has no hesitation to quit Hollywood if by doing so the photographers won't be hounding her and her daughter anymore.
"It burns a fire inside of me, the shit that I've seen people do to get at me or my daughter ... If it gets to the point where I can't situate my life in a way that they stay away more, then I'll drop a match on the thing," she declared, adding, "I'll be sad. I like to act. It's saved my life over and over again. It's given me a sense of self-esteem, self-worth. I have this thing that I'm in love with -acting- and now it has this baggage."
In further interview with Newsweek, Michelle revealed that she's definitely taking the next year off to focus on being mother to Matilda. "I don't want to work while she's in school," so she said. "I want her to have a routine. I want the plainest, simplest, most ordinary, habituated routine possible. I just want to know what's coming next."
More Michelle Williams News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest