First Look of Laurence Fishburne's Raymond Langston on 'CSI'
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will soon switch faces from the beloved head of department, Gil Grissom, to well-known pathologist, Dr. Raymond Langston. A first look into Laurence Fishburne as Langston has been given out through some pictures and a new CBS promo for the episode 9.09, titled "19 Down" where Langston will make his first appearance.
The switching was explained as William Petersen's departure from the show after 9 seasons playing Grissom. Langston's introduction to the show will be marked when Grissom secretly joins Langston's class to gain access to an infamous serial killer, "Dick & Jane Killer". The episode will air December 11 at 9/8c.
On the characterization of Langston, CBS previously explained, "His focus is on understanding criminal behavior, how and why people commit acts of violence - tendencies he disturbingly sees within himself. In the course of a murder investigation, he comes into contact with the CSI team and ultimately joins the Las Vegas Crime Lab as a Level-1 CSI."
Petersen will depart in early January 2009, in the middle of the ninth season. In a poll conducted by AOL, it is shown that viewers do not favor the departure of Grissom. 37 percent of the respondents said they would not watch once Petersen leaves while the other 41 percent said it depends on how good will Fishburne be.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes