Reese Witherspoon 'Hard to Reconcile' With Divorce, Still Has Lots of Hope for Love
A divorcee and mother of two children, Reese Witherspoon speaks candidly to Parade magazine about how she deals with her divorce from Ryan Phillippe, admitting she finds it "hard to reconcile" with their failed marriage. Still recovering from the split, she says she doesn't know just yet if she will marry again.
"There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce," Reese tells this Sunday's issue of Parade about her separation from Ryan. "Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don't have time for hate or negativity in my life. There's no room for it. When you make wrong choices, you have to take responsibility for them: 'What part of this do I own?' I struggle to figure out what made me make those choices. All I can hope for is that I've learned something from it and won't make the same choices again," she explains on the life lesson that divorce has taught her.
Asked if she will give marriage another go, considering that she's been dating actor boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal on-and-off since last year, Reese says she's not sure. "Family is all we have in life, but I don't know how I feel about marriage," she talks candidly about the option. "Obviously, I'm not far enough out of being married to think about doing it again. You sort of reconstitute your family. You find a family with people who come into your life for a reason."
Though so, Reese insists she still has "a capacity to love." She, furthermore, tells Parade magazine, "Someone said to me once, 'No matter what breakup you went through or what new love you find - the love you remember, like the love you now value, is yours. Whatever love you once gave to somebody else, it doesn't go away. Even if it is only remembered love, it belongs to you.'" She goes on adding, "Things change, but your ability to love remains intact. Oh, I have a lot of hope for love! I do!"
More Reese Witherspoon News
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot