A Brand New Trailer for Darren Aronofsky's 'The Wrestler'
Fox Searchlight Pictures have released a fresh trailer of "The Wrestler". With a thundering cheering of people in a distance, the video footage begins with a sole shot of Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in a small room preparing himself for a wrestling fight. As the film's acoustic theme song by Bruce Springsteen takes over the cheering, the footage moves on, showing snippets of what the movie is all about.
A powerful portrait of a battered dreamer, this Darren Aronofsky-directed movie follows Randy who despite himself and the odds stacked against him, lives to be a hero once again in the only place he considers home inside the ring. Estranged from his daughter and unable to sustain any real relationships, Randy lives for the thrill of the wrestling show and the adoration of his fans. When a heart attack forces him into retirement, his sense of identity starts to slip away and he begins to evaluate the state of his life.
Supported by Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood, "The Wrestler" has been hailed as the best movie at 65th Annual Venice International Film Festival with it winning the Golden Lion trophy. It will be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 17.
"The Wrestler" Trailer:
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!