A Brand New Trailer for Darren Aronofsky's 'The Wrestler'
Fox Searchlight Pictures have released a fresh trailer of "The Wrestler". With a thundering cheering of people in a distance, the video footage begins with a sole shot of Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in a small room preparing himself for a wrestling fight. As the film's acoustic theme song by Bruce Springsteen takes over the cheering, the footage moves on, showing snippets of what the movie is all about.
A powerful portrait of a battered dreamer, this Darren Aronofsky-directed movie follows Randy who despite himself and the odds stacked against him, lives to be a hero once again in the only place he considers home inside the ring. Estranged from his daughter and unable to sustain any real relationships, Randy lives for the thrill of the wrestling show and the adoration of his fans. When a heart attack forces him into retirement, his sense of identity starts to slip away and he begins to evaluate the state of his life.
Supported by Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood, "The Wrestler" has been hailed as the best movie at 65th Annual Venice International Film Festival with it winning the Golden Lion trophy. It will be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 17.
"The Wrestler" Trailer:
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March