A Brand New Trailer for Darren Aronofsky's 'The Wrestler'
Fox Searchlight Pictures have released a fresh trailer of "The Wrestler". With a thundering cheering of people in a distance, the video footage begins with a sole shot of Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in a small room preparing himself for a wrestling fight. As the film's acoustic theme song by Bruce Springsteen takes over the cheering, the footage moves on, showing snippets of what the movie is all about.
A powerful portrait of a battered dreamer, this Darren Aronofsky-directed movie follows Randy who despite himself and the odds stacked against him, lives to be a hero once again in the only place he considers home inside the ring. Estranged from his daughter and unable to sustain any real relationships, Randy lives for the thrill of the wrestling show and the adoration of his fans. When a heart attack forces him into retirement, his sense of identity starts to slip away and he begins to evaluate the state of his life.
Supported by Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood, "The Wrestler" has been hailed as the best movie at 65th Annual Venice International Film Festival with it winning the Golden Lion trophy. It will be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 17.
"The Wrestler" Trailer:
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress