A Brand New Trailer for Darren Aronofsky's 'The Wrestler'
Fox Searchlight Pictures have released a fresh trailer of "The Wrestler". With a thundering cheering of people in a distance, the video footage begins with a sole shot of Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in a small room preparing himself for a wrestling fight. As the film's acoustic theme song by Bruce Springsteen takes over the cheering, the footage moves on, showing snippets of what the movie is all about.
A powerful portrait of a battered dreamer, this Darren Aronofsky-directed movie follows Randy who despite himself and the odds stacked against him, lives to be a hero once again in the only place he considers home inside the ring. Estranged from his daughter and unable to sustain any real relationships, Randy lives for the thrill of the wrestling show and the adoration of his fans. When a heart attack forces him into retirement, his sense of identity starts to slip away and he begins to evaluate the state of his life.
Supported by Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood, "The Wrestler" has been hailed as the best movie at 65th Annual Venice International Film Festival with it winning the Golden Lion trophy. It will be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 17.
"The Wrestler" Trailer:
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival